Doodads colors

PandaBear

Reaction score
I opened the object editor in the Doodads tab and copied Fire. Then I tryied to change the "Art - Tinting Color" 1, 2 and 3 but nothing happened. How can I change the color of a doodad?

azareus

And you know it.
Reaction score
Fire has some kind of static non-changeable-without-modifying-model color.
Most other doodads can be changed though.

baaabuuu

Reaction score
emiters

i am not quite sure but i think that the fire is made of emithers to change that get a wc3 model editor read some turtorials about models.

avalya

Reaction score
You need to change the texture of a certain model that is used by the fire, which exact one, I'm not sure, but I guess you could find it.

Tyman2007

Ya Rly >.
Reaction score
The thing about some doodads is that they have a section for the texture/skin of the model. If you've ever tried to make a unit look like a tree, While cycling through the tree models, they are all white because they haven't been skinned yet.

In order to sucessfully change the color of something to the way you want it to be (Change the color of an animated doodad perhaps?) You need to extract the skin of the model through the Warcraft III Image Extrator.

You can then run it through, let's say Photoshop, and colorize the texture and implement it into the game using the same path as the texture you have extracted.

Complex? It's only the beginning.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.