Other Drug Smugglers - 22 Edition

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Drug Smugglers 22 Edition

DrugSmugglers22.png

Download latest version!

History:

I was a big fan of the original drug smugglers, however there were some thing that really annoyed me. For one, the final tier two drugs were completely broken. So the first version was not actually part of this series, but actually just a hotfix for the drugs. I didn't want to stop there, I wanted to add more to the game, the heroes abilities didn't bother me that much, nor the unit balance. What really got to me was the fact that if the D.E.A (The only "bad guy") left the game was over. So the next few version made a takeover system, and fixed the bugs with it. After a few years of on, but more off work, it is at where is is now.

Version 1.14 is a large revision, redoing the heroes and adding a working creep spawning system. As well as removing any leaks I could find, getting rid of some stupid crap that was added when I tried use WEU some time ago. The D.E.A Raid system was also made much more efficient. The game could now be very easily expanded to nine or more players.

Now you may call it stealing the game, but it really isn't. I remade nearly every trigger to be more efficient, added multiple systems and did some balancing. Not to mention the fact the original creator hasn't updated the map since 2004.

Game Play:

There is one person playing the DEA, and four people playing the smugglers. The smugglers need to get drugs into the city, to the building more spesifically. While the drugs can move on their own, they are incredibly slow, die in one hit, and give the DEA lot's of bounty. Thats why people load the drugs into vans, armoured truck and eventually helicopters. While the goal of the smugglers may seem simply be to make money, they must do something a little more aggressive to win. Their goal it to kill the DEA president.

They have many units at their disposal to accomplish this. From guard dogs to helicopters. But don't think this firepower get them very far. The DEA has quite a bit of hardware at his disposal. The DEA's money comes from destroying any drug lord properties, and/or henchmen, as well as periodic income from taxes. The real danger of the DEA comes from massive raids he can launch for a small cost of the individual units. The DEA wins by killing one drug lord, or all the drug lords (depending on the game mode in question).

The DEA will lose later game. If he does not prevent the drug lords from selling. Placing units around the entrances to the city is your best defence early game. Later game patrolling attack choppers will help against the cartels helicopters. The DEA takes a bit of time to build up the income, once he does, the drug lords better have some defences set up.

To sum it up:

Drug lords:
Kill DEA president.
Get money by getting your drugs to the buildings in the city.

DEA:
Kill the drug lords.
Get money by killing anything owned my by the drug lords, and from a periodic income.

Change log:

(Since Jon's Drug Smugglers V2 Final)
Re-worked Money Triggers, so that the amount is balanced DEA Gets Gold in large Bursts, Druggies Get small amount every so often.
Reduced the amount of Creeps
Fixed Buildings
Removed Broken/Useless Triggers
Removed Some Sounds that Weren't Being Used
Added a system where players that leave get there things removed so players can't use this as an advantage.
Added a system where players can take over the DEA if he leaves
(Since V1)
Fixed a Large Bug
Added a timer For DEA Cash Flow
(Since V 1.01)
Hopefully Fixed The You Cant Become The DEA bug
Fixed DEA Money Timer
Added a fix To the Money System
(Since 1.02)
Hope I fixed yet another bug
Added a minimap image
Added a loading Screen Image
(Since 1.03)
Another Bug Fix
(Since 1.04)
Takeover system totally bug-free
(Since 1.05)
Fixed an issue with vision
Resolved Some Typos
Added a timer for DEA income
Added a tips and tricks section
(Since 1.06)
Increased DEA income
Decreased periodic money for druggies
Let DEA get bounty from killing druggies' units
(Since 1.07)
Added new game modes - check out there section for more info.
(Since 1.08)
Fixed some things.
Minor GUI changes
(Since 1.08a)
Resolved more typos
Made D.E.A base bigger
(Since 1.08b)
Made Ramps into bases bigger.
Cleaned Up the starting screen
Other minor fixes
(Since 1.09)
FIXES! Damn Game Modes...
(Since 1.09a)
More Fixes
Changed Tileset
Got the game modes working (I think)
(Since the unreleased 1.10 and 1.11)
Lots of "under the hood" changes.
Totally Reworked Drug Selling triggers
Reworked Leaderboard
Tweaked Terrain to make it more symmetrical, and more balanced (Due to the drug profit changes)
(Since the 1.12 BETA 1)
Fixed Selling Triggers
Made drug bounty for DEA higher (equal to the drug cost).
(Since 1.12 BETA 2)
Balanced Starting gold (druggies cant heli rush right off the bat)
Added a spawn system for hostile units. (Every 30 seconds, units spawn if there are none on the blight).
Made the names of the hostile units fit better with the theme.
(Since 1.12a)
Made the spawn system configurable by the host.
(Since 1.12b)
Disabled spawns for now, I needed more time to work on those, so this map is mainly to keep balance tight between releases.
(Since 1.12r)
Nerfed DEA Helicopters
Fixed Leaderboard
Fixed Mob Boss/FBI agent.
Removed a starting unit (For balance)
(Since 1.13)
Nerfed DEA
The reasoning for this is the fact that the DEA were weak in the early versions of the game because druggies had a luge lump sum in the beginning, which made the early game very hard for the DEA. Now that the lump sum is removed, the DEA have gotten their cash flow reduced.
(Since 1.13a)
Fixed an exploit where drug lords could get thousands of dollars very early game and hundreds of thousands later. (Sorry Daniel, I know you like that tactic, but it ruins the game).
Gave hero abilities "themes" that actually have game context and look a little better.
Minor Typo fixes
Changed how the leaderboard updated. So it won't keep changing early game
Made some changes to the heroes (tint, icons, other minor stuff)
Totally reworked Raid Triggers
Removed memory leaks
Removed Vs Mode (No one was using it and it was somewhat broken)
Made the map more efficient
(Since 1.14)
Fixed a bug with the anti abuse system

Other notes:

Made with the Jassnewgen pack 1.5d with Artificial's TESH update. Also uses UMSWE. The map is optimized using widgetizer and Vexorian's map optimizer. If you would like the non-optimized version to see how something works, or to make any changes you wish. Please send me and email ([email protected]) with a short paragraph detailing what you want the map for. You will need Jassnewgen pack 1.5d with Artificial's TESH update and UMSWE enabled.

Game: Drug Smugglers 22
Version: 1.14
Released: Sept 17 2009
First Released: Sunday Dec 9th 2006
Author: Killing_Spree22
Based on: Jon's Drug Smuggler V2 Final

Terrain:
Terian.png

Final Comments:

Thanks for reading all of this (if you did) and if not, thanks for taking the time to try my map. If you want to point out my many typos (in the map and in this thread) go for it.

Furby

Current occupation: News poster
Reaction score
Okay.. you posted there something like "I did not like old drug smugglers so I made my version of it" but I never played and never heard of that map and I dont know what I am supposed to do there.. that means I am not even interested to test it.

Give some more infomation of gameplay so I know what I am going to play. :thup:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.