Dummy Unit Troubles

Heresme

Reaction score
I'm grateful for any help.
Anything I think is an error is marked in bold.

What I am trying to do;
When the Priest hero casts their ultimate Twilight Rain (Starfall), the Dummy then casts Healing Light (Tranquility) at the same location.

What I currently have is;

Trigger 1
Event
Unit - Priest 0047 learns a spell
Condition
(Ability being learned) equal to Healing Light
Action
Unit - Increase level of Healing Light for Dummy 0061

Trigger 2
Event
Unit Priest 0047 begins casting an ability
Condition
(Ability being cast) equal to Twilight Rain
Action
Unit - Move Dummy 0061 instantly to (Position of triggering unit)
Unit - Order Dummy 0061 to Night Elf Keeper of the Grove - Tranquility

Currently when the Priest learns the spell the dummy doesn't even though they have the skill points, level neccesary and the ability.

In the second Trigger it seems like instead of casting the move I want it to cast it just casts normal tranquility.

Any help?
Thanks.

Yoshii

Reaction score
im not sure why the dummy are even in your map before the ability is cast but thats not the main issue there.
Does the dummy even have the ability? it wasnt clear in your post; you are increasing the level of the ability ; that doesnt make him gain it you need to unit add ability first or if its an hero; hero learn(need have 1 skill point)

in the 2nd trigger you are ordering it to MOVE and Cast tranquility at the same time basically

Heresme

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes the dummy has the ability. He has enough skill points spare to get the move.

In the second trigger it works, but I want him to cast my custom move based off tranquility (Healing Rain) and I'm not sure if I've chosen the right triggers to do it.

The dummy unit is on the map because I never understood dummy units.

X.Terror.X

Reaction score
Yes the dummy has the ability. He has enough skill points spare to get the move.

go to object editor to the dummy [i suggest u make the dummy model none.mdl and add locust unless he needs to target himself with something]
then turn off is hero ability is item ability should be normaly off alredy with this
in this way it doesnt need points at all and you have proberly forgetten this thing

if you want to cast a hero a ability and u dont want to make it a unit ability i suggest you do like this

Code:
dummy
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Tranquility
    Actions
        Unit - Create 1 No unit-type for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Add Tranquility to (Last created unit)
        Hero - Learn skill for (Last created unit): Night Elf Keeper Of The Grove - Tranquility

note at trigger 2
Event
Unit Priest 0047 begins casting an ability
you should do finishes the effect of a ability
if the unit is stopped casting starfall when it didnt started yet casting time / fast pressed stop order

the healing will go the start fall not so you have to use
Code:
Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability

also try create ur dummy u can always store him in a varible if u need him for a other varible

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.