Escape from Hell

Hegemuffin

Reaction score
Well, here it is, ladies and gentlemen, my latest map...

===Escape from Hell===

Now, I'm aware that the name sounds a little clichéd. My intention was actually that it would sound clichéd as the title is meant to be ironic. That is to say, it's supposed to sound like "just another escape map," when, in fact, such a description could be scarcely further from the truth.

Essentially, Escape from Hell is a loosely themed series of challenges in the form of a co-op campaign or multiplayer scenario, something along the lines of Blizzard's Warchasers. The plot follows the story of four heroes, newly deceased, who find themselves in hell and decide to make a bid for escape. Impeding them, however, is Astarael the Weeper, Warden of Hell, who has orchestrated a series of obstacles to prevent them from reaching the exit. The path is treacherous, and you will need both brains and brawn to ultimately defeat him. The Demo Level presented here, The Tile Maze, is just one such example of the challenges you may face. In the complete map each hero will be controlled by a separate player, but for the purposes of the demo, all four heroes will be controlled in a single player format.

Sounds interesting? Give it a try! And, remember, this is merely the first of many levels yet to come. Feedback is, as always, appreciated, and if any of you have some really good level ideas (key qualifier - really good), then, you know, write them up for me and I'd be happy to consider them in the completed game.

Finally, as to requests, I don't particularly need any help as far as the mapping itself goes, but if anyone could suggest or design an appropriate icon for the Interact ability currently in the game, I'd be very much obliged.

Thanks and Cheers!

The Hegemuffin

Edit: Oh, and I almost forgot! Astarael model courtesy of General Frank :)

Edit 2: Fixed one minor bug and made two minor improvements. Uploaded new map.

Attachments

• Escape from Hell Demo.w3x
    289.7 KB · Views: 157

Hegemuffin

Reaction score
*Bump*

Thanks to those of you who had I look. I do encourage people to download it. Keep in mind that this is a Demo, not a Beta, so the map itself is entirely playable, not to mention, hopefully, enjoyable. So, anyway, give it a try - it's a quick play - and I would love to hear your feedback.

The Hegemuffin

P.S. As to screenshots, I really don't consider them to be applicable as the map itself is just sort of a small puzzle with some dialog preceding it. If anyway really wants screenshots, though, just let me know, and I'll put some up.

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
yeah i got...post some screenie can greatly increase your map's reputation

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.