Fast Travel with Mini Map

Atticus

Reaction score
I've been trying to think of a good way to make a fast travel system for my single player RPG. I've thought of a few things but not sure if which one is the best or if it will even work.

1 - Use trackables with the mini map (Not even sure if thats possible)

2 - Load an image of the entire mini map or map to a specific area on the map and when plaeyers use a dummy spell or w/e the camera is moved to that location where there are markers(arrows,circles of power, etc) on the map to show towns, cities that can be traveled to by targeted or selecting that marker a dialog box pops up, asking "Travel to <Example Location" YES NO

those are the only things I can think of that MIGHT work not even sure if they do if you guys have better ideas or ways to make sure either of my ideas might work please post :) o btw this fast travel is in my mind almost exactly like fallout if you've played it.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
A circle of power in each town, and a dummy ability will do. Even better, you should only reveal the circles of towns that have already been visited. Very Oblivionesque.

Atticus

Reaction score
Yeah thats what I was thinking would be best the circle of powers would only show once you visited that location but uh should I use a imported picture of the map to use as the "mini map" for this?

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
I don't understand what you're trying to say. You want an imported picture to cover the entire minimap? You want a picture to show as the minimap for a certain area (town)?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.