Favorite WC3 story/campaign poll

What is youre Favorite WC3 campaign?

• Total voters

1)ark_Knight

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Whats youre favorite Campaign in WC3 ROC or TFT?

I like the orc campaign becuase it shows how orc arent brutes and savages but they r very honorable but nomadic beings. and the cinamatic with mannoroth is AWSOME...and after reading "Lord of the Clans" (a warcraft book #2 in a series that showed the sory of thrall) I really looked at orc differently in WC. So vote and say why the campaign u chose u liked.
(im just trying to get some talk or...somthing going on in the helper cuz i need to get my posts up cuz my profile just got deleted...)

Mullit

Reaction score
i liked the orc campaign in TFT, i know it wasnt really a campaign with different scenarios but i liked its RPG style.
although i cant really remember the RoC campaigns very well.

Kenito

I Helps Most Goodly
Reaction score
Mine is in a three-way tie.

Human TFT: It was interesting seeing Blizzard develop a "mini-race" of naga and blood elves. Also, this campaign seemed to have the most innovation (demon gates, a hidden TD, dungeons, black citadel). Of course, the Orcs will be my favorite race forever.

RoC Orcs: I enjoyed all the conflict they had to go through...to find a place in Kalimdor.

TFT Orcs: That was a very interesting RPG Blizzard did. The final mission (where you must kill Proudmoore), is quite fun. Ever eliminate all barracks and towers? A massive horde of orcs come directly to Proudmoore, but without you, they all get destroyed. A good sense of camaraderie in this.

1)ark_Knight

Reaction score
yah i was thinking about going with TFT orcs becuase the RPG was kinda fun after u beat the rest of the game and it was very creative but also pretty hard too. and yah i realy like how in the story blizzard threw in some mini-races like naga, dranai, and blood elves

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
orc tft. its the first (and only) game i never got bored of. i played it a couple of times and found something new every time (outland arena, caged orcs etc.)
and the last, aos-like mission is my favourite :)
i saved the game there and played it about 5-6 times. its just that great.

also liked the "human" tft. the story is very interesting and its fun to play too.

orcs are my favourite race aswell. ever since i played the tutorial i started to like them and their storyline :)
its a pity they haven't got any real part in the tft events. however when i think about it they wouldn't really fit in there...so perhaps its better this way.

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
I liked the Orc TFT the best. Thats because when you add everything in it up, it becaomes a great map. With a good storyline and lots of secrets, good terrain, they just did a good job :)

I found the Night Elf one Kinda boring, though the storyline and terrain is very good.

In the end, there all good :D

subzero

Reaction score
I like the undead, i love the qeusts you have to do, plus the cinematis are the best! To me :shades:

Mullit

Reaction score
I found the Night Elf one Kinda boring, though the storyline and terrain is very good.
i agree it was a bit boring that the RoC campaigns ended with NE and TFT started with NE. it would have been nice to have a change of race. also the scenarios were a bit repetative in the TFT campaign. most of them were pretty much just destroy a naga base.

1)ark_Knight

Reaction score
Squall said:
I like the undead, i love the qeusts you have to do, plus the cinematis are the best! To me :shades:

yah the undead definently have the best last cinematic (with arthas becomng the lich king) The only thing i didnt really like about how the undead ended is that it kinda cut off at the end and i really want to play as the Lich King and see what happens. The undead d have some great quests too, like when you have to tak over the sunwell.

i wishi could change my vote to Orc (TFT)...lol i forgot about most of the levels in it that were really cool like the AoS level and the RPG type levels.

K

KeeperofKeys

1)ark_Knight said:
yah the undead definently have the best last cinematic (with arthas becomng the lich king) The only thing i didnt really like about how the undead ended is that it kinda cut off at the end and i really want to play as the Lich King and see what happens...
...i wishi could change my vote to Orc (TFT)...lol i forgot about most of the levels in it that were really cool like the AoS level and the RPG type levels.
I totally agree with you, Dark_Knight. I was very disappointed at not being able to use the melded Arthas/Lich King. Hopefully if Blizzard DOES make a Warcraft 4, he will be a fully playable hero...maybe we ought to start a thread speculating about that? Plotlines for Warcraft 4? :)
Getting back on topic, I chose the Orc TFT campaign because of it's variety, replayability value, and the sheer fun of finally clobbering Admiral Proudmoore (among other things). I have played the final mission over and over and it is STILL fun for me. The really cool challenges of the campaign, combined with the miniquests and its great rewards (I felt like a hero when Thrall handed Rexxar the Orc Banner, and I'm not ashamed to admit it) make a superb experience. The only thing that I didn't like about the whole thing was having to listen to Rexxar spout out his dumb voice quotes over and over. If I never hear the phrase "I wander alone" again, it will be too soon.
Still, I think that on a 1-10 scale, the Orc campaign deserves a full 10. Bravo, Blizzard.

Z

Zero R.

The Undead[TFT] was the best of all. The ending cinematic was really great too. And I like the fact that you'd have to get the gold coins so you'd have some more money to build up a base quickly.

the Orc[TFT] one wasn't the best, as the Heroes were all too overpowered. I didn't like that.

K

KeeperofKeys

Overpowered? Really? Did you play it in normal or easy? In easy mode it IS hard to die, but in normal it's just a bit more challenging. Besides, I think that being strong lends a more heroic air to the campaign. I hate having weakling heroes that I have to carefully protect throughout a mission. In my opinion, Rexxar should be tougher than that.

Freeplay

Reaction score
Blood Elves are cool. and there campain is cool cuz u get Illidan, Blood Elves, Naga, and Dranei

Z

Zero R.

KeeperofKeys said:
Overpowered? Really? Did you play it in normal or easy? In easy mode it IS hard to die, but in normal it's just a bit more challenging. Besides, I think that being strong lends a more heroic air to the campaign. I hate having weakling heroes that I have to carefully protect throughout a mission. In my opinion, Rexxar should be tougher than that.

Both. I find Rexxar overpowered simply because youu could go around with Misha alone to clear out the nearby creep force outside of Durotar.

Well, I'm just really complaining because I got used to the ones when you needed other Troops, wheter as meatshields, or support in order to win.

K

KeeperofKeys

Ah, well that's ok then. It's a preference thing, it's just that I like my armies to be made up of heroes and you probably like yours filled with hordes of cheap goons. I am the Fellowship, and you are the orcs. Want to fight? (By the way, do me a favor and kill Boromir. He's such a jerk :D )

Quote of the day: ...and it has SHARP, POINTY TEETH! What? It DOES! See for yourself!
-Monty Python

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.