Few questions!!

unju

Reaction score
Hey I am kinda new and was just trying to create a cool map. I have a few problems:

1) I want to get rid of the attack/patrol/hold position/move/stop buttons on the interface. I´d like to have more room for abilities. But I dunno how to do it...any ideas?

2) I can´t seem to make it so a player cannot attack his own units or target them with damaging spells, so if a unit dies it was only because the enemy killed it -I have no creeps in the map.

Thanks!

M

Mini-Me

I want to get rid of the attack/patrol/hold position/move/stop buttons on the interface. I´d like to have more room for abilities. But I dunno how to do it...any ideas?
And this is supposed to be an unit that moves attacks? Its simply impossible, if you remove 'move', it wont move, if you remove 'attack' it wont attack, simple, dont you think?

If you need more room for spells, i suggest you use a spelbook. There is a tutorial about spellbooks right here in thehelper, look at the tutorial forum.

If you want lets say storm bolt to target your allied units, you go to the ability editor, find storm bolt, and set it targets to "ally".

unju

Reaction score
And this is supposed to be an unit that moves attacks? Its simply impossible, if you remove 'move', it wont move, if you remove 'attack' it wont attack, simple, dont you think?
I thought you coul move just using the right-clicking on the terrain, or maybe this triggers the command button, I don´t know.
In anyway, how to get rid of hold position/patrol/stop command buttons. If attack/move must stay, thats fine...but patrol etc?

If you need more room for spells, i suggest you use a spelbook. There is a tutorial about spellbooks right here in thehelper, look at the tutorial forum.
Thx there, I´ll look into it.

If you want lets say storm bolt to target your allied units, you go to the ability editor, find storm bolt, and set it targets to "ally".
I imagined as much, but how can I make it so you á player cannot order to attack his own units?

Thx a bunch for replying.

Arkan

Nobody rides for free
Reaction score

You mean you don't want your allies to be able to physically attack you? Try this:

Code:
Event: Unit - A unit Is attacked
Conditions: ((Attacking unit) belongs to an ally of (Owner of (Attacked unit))) Equal to True
Actions: Unit - Order (Attacking unit) to Stop

Normally malicious spells cannot be targeted on friendly units unless you changed the targets allowed.

unju

Reaction score
Arkan said:

You mean you don't want your allies to be able to physically attack you? Try this:

Code:
Event: Unit - A unit Is attacked
Conditions: ((Attacking unit) belongs to an ally of (Owner of (Attacked unit))) Equal to True
Actions: Unit - Order (Attacking unit) to Stop

Normally malicious spells cannot be targeted on friendly units unless you changed the targets allowed.
Thanks a bunch, looking simple! (I hope it works)

Thinking about #1...maybe I could trigger the move of units, with the event "unit is given an order targetting a point" or somehting like that. I just want to get rid of as many command buttons on the UI as possible, as people don´t use them for the most part -I know I dont.

rayquaza218

Reaction score
If ur keeping move, ur keeping the whole lot, unless ur trying to make a map which u use arrow keys or WSAD to move ur guy, its not adviced to do this, theres an internal trigger that when u have the move UI thing on ur hero, just right click and u move, even if you do make a spell, then it would still take up one space :rolleyes: So its really not advisable to remove UI stuff, if u need space for all your spells, try making spell books, its really very affective :D

the Immortal

I know, I know...
Reaction score
There is one way to remove all icons, BUT also your heroes won't be able to learns skills (there won't be "Hero Abilities" menu). In Object Editor set "Stats - Unit Classification" to "Ward" and you will be still able to attack/move/follow. Also you can add dummy-spellbook-"Hero Abilities" but afaik it will require a lot of triggering.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.