Final Fantasy Hero Defense

Outbreak191

Reaction score
Yes its me again with what you may think is the same map, but you would be wrong. I lost the editable of the old version so I made it again from scratch with a different ability system.

My aim was to make a Final Fantasy map that didn't suck, a map that didn't rely on a 1mb Sephiroth model as your hero that does a leaky uber spell that crashes your map.

Well here it is Final Fantasy Hero Defense v2, featuring an ability learning system similar to FFx's sphere grid or more accurately FFXII's License Board.

SO what are you waiting for, have a go!
http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/maps.php?view=518

O

Orcses

Wow I love these kind of maps! It looks really balanced from what I played. I like the stat increase since it isn't like 1000 gold for 500 increase in agility lol like some maps:) It was confusing for me in the opening just because I've never seen it before but by the second time I think I could pick a person faster:p Well gj +rep from me I like it!

Estel3

Reaction score
Excellent start but it needs a little work. Here are some helpful pointers.

The inventory system backpack doesn't stack items well. It used up all 8 spaces when I only had 4 types of items (2 ether types and 2 potion types). Love the Equip system though.

More summons please :p !

More unique classes. Everyone was funneled into 2 classes. Make a specific class for each hero. Everyone can share certain abilities but there should certainly be some specific to each class.

More abilities, I picked up all mine really quick and there wasn't much left (one summon). Plus they were a little boring. 3 were the same idea (the Breaks), then the passives, and just Cheer and Taunt and Defend (called Sentinel) were the other ones. I didn't try the other class yet.

Terrain was blah but that comes later.

Good luck with this, it has a ton of potential!

Outbreak191

Reaction score
Excellent start but it needs a little work. Here are some helpful pointers.

The inventory system backpack doesn't stack items well. It used up all 8 spaces when I only had 4 types of items (2 ether types and 2 potion types). Love the Equip system though.
I don't even know if thats possible to do, just stack items on main inventory and then put them in backpack. I could make backpack bigger but then you would have to scroll through even more pages to get the item you want which would be annoying.

More summons please :p !
Theres only 1 summon at the moment because I was just testing if it would work and not affect the balance too much but rest asured there will definetly be more soon. Please tell me if it used custom abilities or if it made it too easy

More unique classes. Everyone was funneled into 2 classes. Make a specific class for each hero. Everyone can share certain abilities but there should certainly be some specific to each class.
It is beta, I plan to make all 6 classes from FF1 for final version. There were only 2 classes in that and they had individual abilities so I don't know what you were talking about there. The names mean nothing, they are just names. I don't get what you want me to call the heroes to stop everyone assuming each one is different, naming them after their classes would just be stupid. If I hear "lol Squall has Clouds limit break" one more time I swear I will kill someone.

More abilities, I picked up all mine really quick and there wasn't much left (one summon).
Well done. You either didn't play with as many people as you should of done in which case it is good to learn all your abilities early to compensate for less heroes, or you got a ridiculous amount of kills compared to your teammates which means they learn barely any of their abilities. As such I don't see how this is an issue.

Plus they were a little boring. 3 were the same idea (the Breaks), then the passives, and just Cheer and Taunt and Defend (called Sentinel) were the other ones. I didn't try the other class yet.
In the name of balance what other abilities do you suggest I give to the Warrior, designed to be the tank of the classes and stay faithful to the FF series? Got any? I thought not.

Terrain was blah but that comes later.
Too right it does but don't expect me to add unecessary amounts of doodads and lag this map to hell just for the sake of looking "pretty".

If I appear angry it's because I just got back from a beta test with foreigners who barely understood the concept of english and explaining the same features over and over again but slightly reworded isn't my idea of fun.

Estel3

Reaction score
*Items* Oh duh, good idea :p .

*Summons* I didn't notice it using any spells but it wasn't overpowering. I would say its worth 30 AP.

*Classes* Ok that makes sense. I thought the idea was to make Auron, to make Cloud but I was wrong. So nevermind what I said.

*Skills* I don't have many friends to play with (2) so yeah we only played with 3 heroes total. That probably was the problem. Perhaps increase the costs of the abilities if there are less players? Not all of us can play with 8 players. Just a thought.

*Abilities* It isn't my job to think of abilities :eek: . I'm just stating my opinion, I found the skills boring. Now maybe there isn't a whole lot you can do but off the top of my head maybe something like Quick Hit (like a double attack). I don't mean to attack you by saying this, it is just my opinion. I'm sure the black mage class will be fun since you can cast a lot of spells.

*Terrain* Never meant that but I'm just saying the town was a little dull.

Again constructive criticism. I might be the only person to ever play your map and not like the things I've said above. But I'm offering you advice on how I think you can improve this map. Take it or leave it.

Outbreak191

Reaction score
Im really sorry for my post being that angry, I was in a bit of a mood at the time. Anyway thanks for the constructive criticism, its all been taken on board.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Played it in Single Player, please add Single Player too ! It is pretty good idea but just can' t kill them all by myself. It isn' t hard to add it. Summon killed everything very quickly but had then again high cooldown.
Add cost after item name so you don' t need to run near shop to find out you are missing 200 gold.
Main Cristal could have somekind of a heal or regen. ~20 gold for level isn' t that much (Single Player). Killed everything and still got beaten badly. Add item what can revive yourself too. Game is right now just too orientated to multiplayer.
Some bonuses for X kills would be nice and useful. Does that map has theme also ? Right now it looks odd to defend one cristal in the middle of village.
Villagers could hide when it level starts, right now they stay like idiots and wait until they will be killed.

Outbreak191

Reaction score
Its recommended for 8 players, I'm not supporting balance for single player because it was never designed to be a single player map. You get a smaller gold reward because there are so few players so you get a lot more gold from killing monsters.

A

Askis

Sorry for reviving this old thread, but i'd like to know if you have any plans to continue development.
Found it a while ago and imho it has a lot of potential :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • WildTurkey WildTurkey:
    is there a stephen green in the house?
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up WildTurkey?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Looks like Google fixed whatever mistake that made the recipes on the site go crazy and we are no longer trending towards a recipe site lol - I don't care though because it motivated me to spend alot of time on the site improving it and at least now the content people are looking at is not stupid and embarrassing like it was when I first got back into this like 5 years ago.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Plus - I have a pretty bad ass recipe collection now! That section of the site is 10 thousand times better than it was before
  • The Helper The Helper:
    We now have a web designer at my job. A legit talented professional! I am going to get him to redesign the site theme. It is time.
  • Varine Varine:
    I got one more day of community service and then I'm free from this nonsense! I polished a cop car today for a funeral or something I guess
  • Varine Varine:
    They also were digging threw old shit at the sheriff's office and I tried to get them to give me the old electronic stuff, but they said no. They can't give it to people because they might use it to impersonate a cop or break into their network or some shit? idk but it was a shame to see them take a whole bunch of radios and shit to get shredded and landfilled
  • The Helper The Helper:
    whatever at least you are free
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.