First Person Shooters

TPOX

Reaction score
Anyone know some first person shooter maps that have like crosshairs and click to shoot or something. Im trying to create a FPS Shooter map but i cant think of a way to shoot people other than hitting spacebar.

D

dUmB_bLoNdE

How about just clicking them?
You could use this:
Events-
Unit is Selected
Conditions
Actions-
Kill Triggering Unit

TPOX

Reaction score
0_o because clicking them wont have a shooter feeling to it that would be wierd click and die click and die.

We Were Snipers has a fps when u have a scope from an ability and u snipe ppl, but i cant get lvled up to get ability cuz if i try to set lvls on the map its 100% jass and i make it crash.

Rad

Reaction score
Heres a trigger I use for third person camera, all a first person camera does is zoom into the units model.

Code:
Third Person standard ©
    Events
        Time - Every 0.02 seconds of game time
    Conditions
        Vehicle Equal to No unit
    Actions
        Set point = (Position of Hero)
        Camera - Pan camera for Player 1 (Red) to point over 0.02 seconds
        Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Angle of attack to 335.00 over 0.02 seconds
        Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Distance to target to 850.00 over 0.02 seconds
        Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Field of view to 60.00 over 0.02 seconds
        Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Rotation to (Facing of Hero) over 0.02 seconds
        Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Height Offset to 198.00 over 0.02 seconds
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_point)

TPOX

Reaction score
thats basically the trigger i use too cept the jass clean up part. :)
but i cant think of a way to make shooting, that is fun.

G

guitarplay

what you need is a trigger that creates a buff-effect at the mouse point.
Make it so when you fire, you hit where the buff is on. And every 0.01 seconds it creats-removes it, so that when you moove mouse point it moves the aimer. You could also do something so that like when a bomb goes off, you make it like if the unit is effected, then its every o.1 seconds, and the response time drops.

W

what666said

guitarplay said:
Make it so when you fire, you hit where the buff is on. And every 0.01 seconds it creats-removes it, so that when you moove mouse point it moves the aimer. You could also do something so that like when a bomb goes off, you make it like if the unit is effected, then its every o.1 seconds, and the response time drops.

You could actually possibly, through some trippy math, make/remove a unit ever .05 seconds or so (maybe .03 so you get proper eye-sight/framerate ratio) and use trigonometry to find where to put the unit and what height...

Could be a little too trippy though, but it's definetely possible.

Rad

Reaction score
thats basically the trigger i use too cept the jass clean up part.
Well with me (Not sure about anyone else) that exact trigger causes server splits with the leaks. It was my old 3rd person camera (Which didnt rotate right, but i fixed that for GTA map). I added that and now it aint even that laggy. And by that I mean with my movement system + its update and range sometimes it looks like the car hits a bump, i guess.

ShadowSnipe4 said:
If that works rad, i might be able to salvage my last project after all. :D
Yeah it works, the only thing I forgot to add to it was "Unit group - Set (player 1) selection to (Unit)" which is so you can click other things, but it never really selects anything.

TPOX

Reaction score
hmm im liking the buff idea thing but uh ill beleive it when i see it. :) i dont think thats possible, but feel free to prove me wrong and make it.... then i can steal it.

really tho, how could you even begin to start that?

G

guitarplay

JASS woot. lol Dont ask me man, but there has to be something that creates a buff-effect at the cursor . I mean, its done by blizzard w/ the abilities that are cast over an area

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
that would be the area of affect, its built into the game. anyway you could use that first person camera, and then have another trigger(s) to move him, and use the esc key to shoot. then have the trigger that shoots detect if there are any units in front of the unit that shot, picks the closest one, sees how far away it is, and then if its within a small rang its kills/damages them, or if they are within range (but not the short range) it has a chance to kill/damage it (for the chance you could do [random number between 1 and 1000 is greater than distance between (unit) and (unit)], so the farther it was, the less likely it would hit)

Rad

Reaction score
I dont think esc key is a good idea, esc key doesnt fit with the arrows. Use F, and have the units casting time and backswing 0 so its instant (Less lag).

Code:

Is it possible to determine the coordinates of your cursor? I dont think so but if you prove me wrong... well I love you rofl, not really but I doubt there is any way to do this

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
Well you can always use some dummy abilities with hotkeys, and use wasd to move, then e or something to shoot.

W

wessty

You could make a fade filter with crosshairs in it, just test to see what position the camera will be in when the crosshairs point at something. :D

Cloak_Master

Reaction score
You could always just instantly deselect the unit after someone clicks on it, dealing the approiate damage with the approiate buff, just looking a lot better. Or you could use an aoe spell with a small area and work with it from there. I don't think theres any other way...

TPOX

Reaction score
EDIT- Ignore all that crap below unless you like reading, anyway, i changed it a bit, now it shows the unit -500 camera angle but i still need to create some cross hair of some sort, and also two other things, when i use the keyboard things always glitch like when your moving or turning, will this always do that nomatter what? and another thing is, if u move instantly, it looks wierd how they move, i tried setting an animation for running but it just barely moves because it lasts like .05 sec.

hmm well how would i go about creating this fade effect trigger to look like a cross hair.

this is all i could come up with tell me if its possible with no or small use of jass or possible at all.

I was thinking the arrow keys move like said, and try to create this cross hair thing, then f to fire (btw is it supposed to be an ability? because if its an ability it usually has a slight cooldown so it would be sorta annoying) and my map has elevation, so hitting u would change camera angle up a bit and d for down angle and the cross hair would move with it. Im thinking that could be done, i can do the angles but not sure about moving a cross hair fade effect.
And so now basically you can see up higher and then when you hit f it casts a spell dunno yet what one, but something or a trigger so it wont hit anything below or above. So the dummy unit when firing will have a set height to ur angles height or whatever so it meets the cross hair.

Might be too complicated but its worth a try.... or none at all. :p

G

guitarplay

I will revise my trigger, and give you a new idea. I was playing my new game, Battlefeild 2 for xbox, and realized something, that when i realized it , i felt real stupi... I realized, that the you always fire at center of scree, so her is my idea. make the crosshair stuff, at the center of the screen, and make a camera. Make it again so every like .01 seconds, the crosshairs appear in center of screen and stay for 0.01 seconds. Now make a camera, that mooves. Say you hit the right arrow key, the camera then turns and looks somewhere else. (after it has been set behind hero). You hit the up button you look up. And so on. Then use the old movement keys, like "e" is move forward, move camera, and hero foreward. "d" move camera and hero backwards. Now, when you hit right, it also turns your hero with the camera, like a joy stick, and while it is held down, continue to turn, and so on.

Now use "f" to fire, and like "s" to reload, and you all set. I dont know how easy this will be if verry doable at all. . . but oh whel. I mean, you can make somethingin the center of the screen like a crosshair can you.

Then for firing, if there is a unit at the position in the center of your screen, or like what agent paper said about in front of hero, you could kill it :)

TPOX

Reaction score
well im not totally sure what you mean but, sofar i have a crosshair in the center of the screen, well its not exactly the center vertically wise because it would be way off, but sofar you move forward backwards with arrows and rotate with left and right arrows and hit F to fire and it does a sorta shockwave and has a 1 hit target a max dmg, and basically R to reload and it gives u full mana. Like when u have a item in slot one it resets ur mana to the number of shells or bullets in a clip it can hold and has a reload casting time depending on what weapon. Right now im having trouble using multiple filters like chaning a certain units filter when using a sniper rifle or something.

BTW, i have xbox is battlefield 2 worth buying? I dont have xbox live because i have dial up but me and my friend like playing FPS.

G

guitarplay

battlefeild is a great game, but the single player is nowhere near as good as multiplayer. It only supports one player per xbox, so you cant do like a deathmach with someone in the same room. I love the game, but realy its not worth it if you dont have xbox live. If you do, get it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • WildTurkey WildTurkey:
    is there a stephen green in the house?
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up WildTurkey?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Looks like Google fixed whatever mistake that made the recipes on the site go crazy and we are no longer trending towards a recipe site lol - I don't care though because it motivated me to spend alot of time on the site improving it and at least now the content people are looking at is not stupid and embarrassing like it was when I first got back into this like 5 years ago.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Plus - I have a pretty bad ass recipe collection now! That section of the site is 10 thousand times better than it was before
  • The Helper The Helper:
    We now have a web designer at my job. A legit talented professional! I am going to get him to redesign the site theme. It is time.
  • Varine Varine:
    I got one more day of community service and then I'm free from this nonsense! I polished a cop car today for a funeral or something I guess
  • Varine Varine:
    They also were digging threw old shit at the sheriff's office and I tried to get them to give me the old electronic stuff, but they said no. They can't give it to people because they might use it to impersonate a cop or break into their network or some shit? idk but it was a shame to see them take a whole bunch of radios and shit to get shredded and landfilled
  • The Helper The Helper:
    whatever at least you are free
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.