Flash Intro Problem: Missing Text

BlueSin

Reaction score
I have this introduction for my sonic flash project, and it looks perfect on the timeline. However, only one of the three texts appear when I preview it. Anyone know the problem? I've attached links to the swf, but the fla is about 30mb.

Right now it says "Programming &" and nothing more, what it should say is "Programming & Design by" followed by "Jacob Blommestein".

SWF

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
Try widening the text box. Also, check the alpha of the textbox(s).

G

guitarplay

cool as hell, but the loud sega thing throws u off a bit without any other sound. Also, those triangles that fly out aint my favorite.

The other stuff is beautiful though. If you changed those triangles it would be even better, and with a bit of bg music i think it would go real well.

Also, are they on different leves (the text boxes) or just the same level. If they are one sperate levels, you could always put all 3 of them into a movie clip and having one level for the movie clip to see if that makes them show up. Other than that, make sure there not hidden by any sort of check box or something youve hit. I do that sometimes when im working in various programs and not realy noticed it.

BlueSin

Reaction score
Okay I checked but with no luck. I have a .fla here with the problem but without all the fancy things so its low in filesize. Do you think you could see for yourself? :)

Thanks and plus rep.

G

guitarplay

yeah, i could take a look at it if you want, but im not promising il be able to fix it.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
If you're using dynamic text boxes to view these, it can be a pain, I'd go with static.

But I dunno what kind of text boxes you used :p.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Ah ok, I dunno then.

And hell yes they're real :)! Just very cleverly hidden (there are 1 or 2 that aren't far enough finished to be added however).

G

guitarplay

ok, cant see anything worng, but its a bit confusing now. Heres what im gonna suggest. Some of it doesent have to do with your problem

1) name your layers, all of them.
2) name your movie clips and graphics and text boxes.
3) make it so that the part where it says programming and design is a movie clip, and the name of who it is in a seperate movie clip (the animations and all)
4) make 2 layers, 1 for each movie clip and place them in their correct places.

this will clean up your sceen like crazy, and make everything more accessible. puting them on the smae layer should work, but its not as organized.

BlueSin

Reaction score
Whenever I create a new symbol it auto names them like that. (Layer 1,2,3, etc Text 01,02). I guess I shouldn't be so lazy and just name them. :D

1) name your layers, all of them.
2) name your movie clips and graphics and text boxes.
3) make it so that the part where it says programming and design is a movie clip, and the name of who it is in a seperate movie clip (the animations and all)
4) make 2 layers, 1 for each movie clip and place them in their correct places.

So you couldn't figure it out either? Hmm. Organizing it like that will take some time.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
I never name layers either, but if I'm not mistaken, texts aren't added to the library unless it's decompiled :p.

(And don't worry, I'm not accusing anyone of anything ;)).

BlueSin

Reaction score
>>texts aren't added to the library unless it's decompiled

[del]Haha, I think you're right. I thought 'text' was a symbol type, but they're just graphics. I think I did decompile the original fla a while ago before changing it into an intro, but I can't remember what it was. I use SoThink.[/del]

>>(And don't worry, I'm not accusing anyone of anything ).

:D

Edit:

Oh duh, nevermind that, I decompiled an fla with the author effects.

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
Lol, I'm takin a look at the fla and well I'm wondering why you have so many mcs in mcs :p lol and your text is in a graphic in a mc in a mc lol

-edit-
Lol, your layer 2 isnt showing at all... What the hell... :eek:

-edit II-
I have no clue what is wrong... Sorry.

BlueSin

Reaction score
Alright thanks anyway. :)

I've made a breakthrough with the sonic game recently, it all fits together now, I'd like to show you the coding if you want to see it. All that's left now is to setup a menu interface, and finish the level design (easier said than done :p ), but the physics, aka hard part, is out of the way.

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
Gratz. :) Tell me when you submit it to NG, I'll give it a 5 :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.