Formatting & Reinstalling Windows

Lyzet

Reaction score
Hey, i'm actually new on theese forums, but as i just love to help out, and i didnt come across any other thread giving this information, i thought i would just post a very quick step by step guide how to format your harddrive, and re-install windows.

Its very simple and very short, if you feel like it needs screenshots, tell me.

Here it goes.

1* Turn on your computer- put in the windows CD in your CD-ROM drive.
2* Reboot
3* Here you have to be a bit fast on your toes- When your computer startsup before it goes to windows login screen, you will see a presentation of your motherboard or something else, and then press "DEL" and u will enter the setup.
4* Go to "Boot"
5* Click "Boot Device Priority"
6* Now your primary harddrive will appear as the 1st boot device- you have to change it, so that its your CD-ROM drive. Do this by clicking "ENTER" on the primary harddrive, (1st bootdevice) and then select your CD-ROM drive.
7* click "F10" and your computer will restart.
8* When prompted to the black screen showing you slave and master drives- it will at the bottom say "Press any key to continue" or such, do that.
9* Now you will be prompted to another black screen, click enter here.
10* It will now boot from your windows CD, and the windows installation setup will pop up-
11* Now choose the language, keyboard language, that you want and continue until you come across a screen where it shows you all of your harddrives.
12* Click on all of the intern ones, or the one you want windows to be installed on without further actions- and click "Format"
13* When thats done, select your primary harddrive, and click "Next"
14* Now you just have to wait, and then it will ask for your product key and so on, and Done!

This is basic stuff alot of people know, but i remember the first time i had to do it, and it was a pain. So hope some people could get any use of this.

A few basic technical problems that can occur, and have occured to me before:

Problem: Error installing windows
Solution: Your RAM are either not compatible, or broken. Get new ones, or remove the RAM that are defect.

Problem: When i installed windows suddenly after i turned it off and turned it on, it shows a blue screen with a system error.
Solution: This can be pretty much evrything that could be defect in your computer, but try with your RAM- it could be incompatible RAM, or a defect harddrive.

Some computers or laptops intend to have other ways to do this, but most of them just show another key to press.

Thanks for reading, hope it helped you!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.