Freezing Breath spell

Nethrezim

Reaction score
I created a freezing breath spell which I want to slow the movement of enemies it touches. I can`t get the slow part to work.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>Events
Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability

>Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Freezing Breath

>Actions
Set CasLoc = (Position of (Triggering unit))
Set Caster = (Triggering unit)
Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of Caster) at (CasLoc offset by 200.00 towards (Facing of (Triggering unit)) degrees) facing (Position of (Triggering unit))
Unit - Set level of Freezing Breath (Slow) for (Last created unit) to (Level of Freezing Breath for Caster)
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Mountain King - Thunder Clap
Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_CasLoc)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The thunder clap is edited should slow the enemies and buff them with "Freezing Breath". but that doesn`t happen... Please help:(

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
Right click on the trigger name above events the copy as text then paste it here in Wc3 GUI tags

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Hmm, trigger looks fine? Just try and make sure your Thunder Clap dummy is actually given to your dummy and it is able to target enemies.

Nethrezim

Reaction score
Yup that was the problem. Forgot to give it to the dummy in the first place. Thanks:thup:

Igor_Z

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I think the trigger should look like this:

Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability

Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Freezing Breath

Actions
Set Caster = (Triggering unit)
Set CasLoc = (Position of (Caster))
Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of Caster) at (CasLoc offset by 200.00 towards (Facing of (Triggering unit)) degrees) facing CasterLoc)
Set Dummy = last created unit
Unit - Add Freezing Breath (Slow) to Dummy
Unit - Set level of Freezing Breath (Slow) for Dummy to (Level of Freezing Breath for Caster)
Unit - Order Dummy to Human Mountain King - Thunder Clap
Unit - Add a 1 second Generic expiration timer to Dummy
Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_CasLoc)

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
There's no need to set dummy in a unit variable. Last Created Unit is totally fine. However, the Generic Expiration timer part, you should add.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.