Gain Victory points after timer elapsed (Trigger help)

Rokchant

Reaction score
I have another problem. I'm trying to make a map where in order to win you must gain several Victory points (Victory points is what I renamed Lumber) you need to hold a flag when the timer expires. (it's a repeating timer every 5 minutes. But I have it set for 5 seconds cause I was ttrying to get this to work all day)

I tried this trigger, but nothing happens when I pick up the flag.

triggerlumber.jpg

I appreciate the help I've been getting on this forum. I am nearly done with my map and I'm beginning to understand triggers a bit better.

svenski

Reaction score
Yeah, the trigger you have setting the group "BScarrier" isn't gonna work. You need a trigger that checks the unit's inventory to see if they are carrying the flag. Checking if "BattleStandard" is owned will be returned TRUE as long as it is held by any unit on the entire map, regardless of the inventory of the picked unit. If there is only one "BattleStandard" on the map, a trigger that simply sets the "BScarrier" as a UNIT VARIABLE when the UNIT ACQUIRES AN ITEM = BATTLESTANDARD would be much more effective. Then when the timer expires, have the trigger "Victory Point" check to see if the "BScarrier" unit is still carrying the BattleStandard using the current CONDITION - "BATTLE STANDARD IS OWNED", because if it isn't owned, then obviously the BScarrier must've dropped it. If he is carrying it, then the condition will return true, and just do the action ...

Trigger:
  • Player - Set (Owner of BScarrier) Current lumber to (((Owner of BScarrier) Current lumber) + 1)

Hopefully that helps.

Rokchant

Reaction score
So do I make BScarrier a Unit variable and then set it to unit acquires an item? Because I'm not sure where the option for unit acquiring an item is.

But, I see how you made the last action.

the_ideal

user title
Reaction score
So do I make BScarrier a Unit variable and then set it to unit acquires an item? Because I'm not sure where the option for unit acquiring an item is.

But, I see how you made the last action.

It's one of the things on the long list under Generic Unit Event. (You'll see it.)

Also, you're going to need to add the event by trigger or use a condition, because you can't have variables in event names. (Unless you add the event with the variable with a trigger.)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.