Games Load Slow

nasacar3000

Reaction score
Hey so my comp doesn't lag or anything, i can join and host games without problems of lag. The issue is that i always load very slow. Bots and things show that i am always the longest loader. Ive got 512 mb of ram. Dual core processor cable internet.

Why do i load slow but not have slow internet or lag in game and how do i fix it?

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
Might need more RAM I got 2gigabytes on my computer. Try closing all programs and processes that you don't need before you play.

(it might not be the RAM but try it anyways)

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Factors:
- Could be the map itself. TOO MANY OBJECTS?
- 512mb RAM, people got like 3 GB now a days. Although I no nothing about how much memory Warcraft uses and all that stuff.

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Warcraft needs a minimum of 256mb. I used to have a computer with just that much and it works well. However, it started failing and Warcraft lags like crazy on it.

Of course, it may also be the map.

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
For loading the map, the ram speed, not the amount you have makes the biggest difference.

Also you hard-rive speed would make a large difference as well.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
What kind of ram do you have?

Two things that add loading time for games:
1. Your ram speed, what Mhz are your rams at? I got 333Mhz and the game itself lags because of it.
2. How much ram you have, I got 512MB and I sometimes have to wait for about 2-5mins for some maps to start.

This time I am 99% sure that it is the ram, unless you have a really crappy graphics card. That reminds me, what graphics card do you have?

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
The amount of RAM isn't going to make a beg difference. Unless you have so little that you need to write the map to the swap file. In which case it's going to be so slow it would nearly be unplayable.

The ram speed would make the more of a difference as thats how fast your could access/change states in the ram.

But really it depends on how fast you can get the information off of you hard drive in the first place. You hard drive speed would therefor be the most important.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.