ghost a.i. in pacman

way2insane

Reaction score
got this from another site...was wondering if anybody had a clue how to make it work within world editor:

Inky follows Pac-Man directly with a tracking algorithm.
Blinky goes to the opposite end of the corridor Pac-Man is in.
Pinky just moves in his general direction and is faster than other ghosts.
Clyde moves randomly, but generally into the direction of Pac-Man, Clyde is also slower than the other ghosts.

Blinky tries to avoid you at first, but if you chase him too much (eat him) he will get mad at you and start following you just like Inky.

A few other points to make out, when Pac-Man turns in corners, Pac-Man turns a little faster than the ghosts, so it's possible to out manouver them by doing a few turns.

There's nothing random in the AI routine. The ghosts AI is based on a deterministic AI routine. Each Ghost will allways respond the same way to a given siuasion, so it's possible to learn and know what the ghost will do next.

Finestdeath

Reaction score
Actually, if your map is small. You can just put every 6 x 6 tile as a region? So a map of 36 x 36 will have 36 regions? I'm not sure, I kinda suck at math. So basically, when the pac man enters Region 1, order Inky to go to region 1. For Clyde, maybe have him move into the previous region that pac man was at. For Pinky, I don't think you need to use regions for him/her. Just let him wander about. For Blinky, follow LearningCode. (Sorry but I don't really remember Pac-man so then again, regions might not really be a great idea)

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.