Report Global warming may increase kidney stones

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
More Americans are likely to suffer from kidney stones in the coming years as a result of global warming, according to researchers at the University of Texas.

Kidney stones, which are formed from dissolved minerals in the urine and can be extremely painful, are often caused by caused by dehydration, either by not drinking enough liquid or losing too much due to high heat conditions.

If global warming trends continue as projected by the UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change in 2007, the United States can expect as much as a 30 percent growth in kidney stone disease in some of its driest areas, said the findings published in Monday's Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

The increased incidence of disease would represent between 1.6 million and 2.2 million cases by 2050, costing the US economy as much as one billion dollars in treatment costs.

Whole story here.

Crusher

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Well,Quite interesting story you got there! :thup:

I read the whole thing,Just great Lol.

Well,Global Warming is one of the Most Dangerous Human Enemy in future!
Imagine if Antartica Fully melt down!That will cause about water to raise 20 meters,and About 90% World will be full in Water!

Asehujiko

Reaction score
Well,Quite interesting story you got there! :thup:

I read the whole thing,Just great Lol.

Well,Global Warming is one of the Most Dangerous Human Enemy in future!
Imagine if Antartica Fully melt down!That will cause about water to raise 20 meters,and About 90% World will be full in Water!

Funny fact: we don't have enough fossil fuel left to melt even half that.

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
You know... Global warming has been completely blown out of proportion by politicians who are trying to create an issue so that they can say they defend it...Democrats... not to be offensive but please SOMEBODY watch "BullSh!t" by Pen and Teller. Global warming is a trend... but it won't end the world.

The world didn't end in Y2K and it won't end anytime soon...

Lunarios

Reaction score
I can't believe how retarded this article is. Its not like this will be all that serious- to prevent, you listen to your instincts and drink more water. How hard can it be!

No matter how serious global warming is, it is a trend, it is slow. Single Digit Degree changes happen over a period of decades!

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Yes dan
they blame the global warming almost on evrything, but why they bring up how much it cost? I wonder. Climate cant be same forever how much they want it. how about they look if the people have enough of liquid to drink first.

Crusher

Reaction score
I can't believe how retarded this article is. Its not like this will be all that serious- to prevent, you listen to your instincts and drink more water. How hard can it be!

No matter how serious global warming is, it is a trend, it is slow. Single Digit Degree changes happen over a period of decades!

We can drink then Whole Silent Ocean?xD

Seb!

Reaction score
I think it's easier to say stuff like that if you have no idea what you're talking about..

National and international science academies and professional societies have assessed the current scientific opinion on climate change, in particular recent global warming. These assessments have largely followed or endorsed the IPCC position that "An increasing body of observations gives a collective picture of a warming world and other changes in the climate system... There is new and stronger evidence that most of the warming observed over the last 50 years is attributable to human activities."

Here

Lunarios

Reaction score
I remember a quote from NPR.

"The reason Global Warming is so dangerous is not that it is a fast, deadly, and potent force. It is in fact, dangerous, for precisely the opposite reasons."

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
On Wikipedia always someone can change the text, so I can't say I really trust what it says there. But little it is people's fault cant say is so much. But the climate always be changed what ever someone try to do. "Asehujiko" post something good on another thread
The first ice age killed off over 50% of the planet's animal population and i'd hardly attribute that to global warming
It is same what happens now the climate changes. maybe little to fast. But the global warming not give people kidney stones, it sounds wierd. is same thing when they begin to say we get cancer of all feasible things. It begin be so annyoing when they do.

Cilla

is watching you! Ahh, fresh meat!
Reaction score

Yes Lunarios,
I kinda thought the same, even if this will be the truth,
it's just such a tiny minor thing global warming causes.

€:
The first ice age killed off over 50% of the planet's animal population and i'd hardly attribute that to global warming
Scientists( - atleast some :p) say that( man-made) global warming will force the next iceage to come far sooner.

Dan

Reaction score
I think it's easier to say stuff like that if you have no idea what you're talking about..

I know exactly what I'm talking about. People seem to forget that scientists are not A UNITED LEAGUE OF DEFENDERS. There are scientists working on things all over the place with DIFFERENT CONCLUSIONS. Just because one scientist says they found something that supports a hypothesis (which doesn't mean their hypothesis predicted imminant death) doesn't mean that that is the answer. There are so many counter claims to global warming hysteria. But you wouldn't know that, would you? Global warming is truth, that it is humanities fault is not proven and if you ask me is kind of just playing into our big eagos. "We are human and must be the cuase of everything because we have so much power"... give me a break. I'll give it a possibility, but the hard truth is that the dinosaurs weren't driving cars around and causing their own ice age...

I'm an eagle scout and have hiked all over this dang world and I love the outdoors more than most people but I don't give into global warming hysteria. It's just not right to control the minds of millions with threats of doom. Do you see what the right media-exposed scientists and politicians can make come about with a little scare tactics?

Fun Fact: one of the founding members of Green Peace is against global warming hysteria.

PooBucket

Reaction score
Seriously, global warming is dangerous I agree. But... why on earth are you worried about kidney stones when global warming is going out of control? More cancers and things will occur, and you think about bloody kidney stones? That problem is easily fixed, drink water, you live, don't drink, you die. That is a choice and fact. And kidney stones are exactly like that. Cancer, right now, nobody knows how to fix it, but one way to escape it is, sun safety and don't smoke.

Stop threatening with these retarded issues. It's easily fixed. No water? Get some, or if none in the region? HELP THEM! DON'T PANIC WITH DEATH ISSUES CAUSE IT'S GOING TO MAKE THINGS SLOWER! These scientists are so pessimistic. Hope they die from their idea too. I mean, we have scientists WORKING ON THIS ISSUE! I have complete faith that this could be stopped, and anyway, electricity is going to like run out in a century, our whole 90% cause of global warming is dead, unless you find another way to generate electrictiy. Also, what is the ******* use of finding out the world will end? How will that help? It just makes worry and confusion. Only one thing good is, we know if we don't start, we'll be saying, goodbye world.

STOP YOUR PESSIMISM! RAWR! (Might be bit too much, but this is my opinion, neither right nor wrong in my opinion, yet that opinion is neither right nor wrong, and neither is that. When will I end? XD)

Lunarios

Reaction score
I know exactly what I'm talking about. People seem to forget that scientists are not A UNITED LEAGUE OF DEFENDERS. There are scientists working on things all over the place with DIFFERENT CONCLUSIONS. Just because one scientist says they found something that supports a hypothesis (which doesn't mean their hypothesis predicted imminant death) doesn't mean that that is the answer. There are so many counter claims to global warming hysteria. But you wouldn't know that, would you? Global warming is truth, that it is humanities fault is not proven and if you ask me is kind of just playing into our big eagos. "We are human and must be the cuase of everything because we have so much power"... give me a break. I'll give it a possibility, but the hard truth is that the dinosaurs weren't driving cars around and causing their own ice age...

I'm an eagle scout and have hiked all over this dang world and I love the outdoors more than most people but I don't give into global warming hysteria. It's just not right to control the minds of millions with threats of doom. Do you see what the right media-exposed scientists and politicians can make come about with a little scare tactics?

Fun Fact: one of the founding members of Green Peace is against global warming hysteria.

1. A lot of scientists have reached that conclusion, and since all scientists reach different conclusions, to quote, then this must be quite the case.

2.We are a big factor on Earth. As you've said, the dinosaurs never had cars. 6,707,000,000 humans. By just being humans we can have a significant impact on the Globe. If we add on Industrialism, then of course we can have a significant impact.

400px-Earthlights_dmsp.jpg

And, you've never mentioned what happens if the threats are true.

Electricity will not run out in a century. Maybe easy electricity, but Nuclear Power and Geothermal power are a lot more efficient, and a lot longer lasting, then their fossil fuel counterparts.

Seb!

Reaction score
Yes, we can hide behind technology but there are billions of people who don't even have running water and will die (if) global warming's effects prove harmful in the next century.

Dan

Reaction score
Unfortunately there is nothing that that many humans can do to significantly reduce their impact on the planet... Of course if everyone rationed everything... but it's just like when Al Gore goes and turns on his electricity eating home after giving a speach about turning your lights off and watering less... no one will ever live by all these dumb rules because it is in human interest to use what you got and take what you can.

Global Warming is on the scientists if it is on ANYONE. Hydrogen cars... MAKE THEM. affordability will take 20 years but large changes in how things are made will change how humanity "threatens" the planet. Other new technology will reduce our impact too, like solar energy in place of nuclear energy or whatever.

Fortunately it is in the best interest of humanity to find clean energy simply because it is CHEAPER. and when we start doing things more efficiently, and people buy these new cheap cars then THAT will reduce a huge amount of greenhouse gasses, not everyone turning their lights off at eight. (cause nobody will).

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Global Warming, to me, is simply stupid.

IF the government gave 2 cents about the Global warming issue, something could/would be done IMMEDIATELY.

Reaction score
I know exactly what I'm talking about. People seem to forget that scientists are not A UNITED LEAGUE OF DEFENDERS. There are scientists working on things all over the place with DIFFERENT CONCLUSIONS.

Which makes it even more significant that the overwhelming majority of scientists at least partially attribute recent warming to human activity.

Just because one scientist says they found something that supports a hypothesis (which doesn't mean their hypothesis predicted imminant death) doesn't mean that that is the answer. There are so many counter claims to global warming hysteria. But you wouldn't know that, would you?

It doesn't matter how many counter claims there are if they are all full of crap.

Global warming is truth, that it is humanities fault is not proven

That a significant part of it is humanities "fault" is sufficiently established.

and if you ask me is kind of just playing into our big eagos. "We are human and must be the cuase of everything because we have so much power"... give me a break.

So you're dismissing it on the grounds of the faulty reasoning that you have invented on the spot and then attributed to the people you disagree with?

Controlling minds..? Are you for real? I doubt that you would you be as vehemently skeptical if it weren't for the hysteria (I'm not going to deny that it exists) and sensationalism, so how can you prove that others have been influenced to a greater extent than yourself? By this criterion, minds (including mine and yours) are being "controlled" every day.

Yet one of Greenpeace's primary goals is to combat climate change, so what are you trying to prove with this?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.