Gold income with a set game time

Linear88

Reaction score
Gold income with a fixed game time

Does anyone know how to make a unit create gold every 10 seconds but with a fixed game time?

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
could you elaborate on the fixed game time? is in the in-game time, where day and night is triggered or is it real time?

IceWarrior98

Reaction score
If it's day/night. You have from 0 to 480 I believe. 0 being 12:00 and 480 being 24:00. I might be wrong, I don't have my WE open. But it's in your gameplay constants so you can change how long day/night is and how fast it goes by. By knowing the day/night you can trigger it every XX game seconds, but double it unless you want income once at day and once at night.

Linear88

Reaction score
No, I meant that the in-game time is fixed and I want a unit to generate gold every 10 seconds but there's nothing that can help. I know how to create the actions of the trigger to generate gold but I can't seem to find out how to make it just add gold every 10 seconds(not the game time). If I make the game time fixed(turn off day and night cycle), then the trigger would not work because it wouldn't count the seconds of the game time as it is fixed.

Trigger(example):
Events
Time - Every 10.00 seconds of game-time
Conditions
Actions
<<Generate Gold>>

Kenoriga

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
When you turn off day and night cycle, it won't work? I never knew that... I thought it was real life 10 seconds.

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
1. The fixed day time has nothing to do with the "every X sec" event, it will still work

2. The action should be this

Code:
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type X) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        ((Picked unit) is alive) Equal to True
                    Then - Actions
                        Player - Add 10 to (Owner of (Picked unit)) Current gold
                    Else - Actions
                        Do nothing
Add ... to player property can be found under the player tab in the actions

IceWarrior98

Reaction score
Game Time is the time that goes on during gameplay. So if someone lags, the game only uses the time elapsed instead of continuously going like normal Time would do.

Elapsed game time should still work. If the guy above mes trigger doesn't work, post what you do have so we can see the problem from the source.

EDIT:
Code:
Untitled Trigger 001
    Events
        Time - Every 10.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Player - Add 1000 to Player 1 (Red) Current gold
That should work.

MoonSlinger

I Love using Cheap Tricks... only Results matters
Reaction score
You can also try using a Timer.

With that, you can display "Next Income" either in a little window (like Risk - forgot which version) or display income in a multiboard (Elemental TD 3.0). Makes things more interesting :D

NapaHero

Back from the dead...
Reaction score
No, I meant that the in-game time is fixed and I want a unit to generate gold every 10 seconds but there's nothing that can help. I know how to create the actions of the trigger to generate gold but I can't seem to find out how to make it just add gold every 10 seconds(not the game time). If I make the game time fixed(turn off day and night cycle), then the trigger would not work because it wouldn't count the seconds of the game time as it is fixed.

Trigger(example):
Events
Time - Every 10.00 seconds of game-time
Conditions
Actions
<<Generate Gold>>

10 seconds of game-time = 10 seconds in real life

Test this one and see for yourself:

Code:
Gold
    Events
        Time - Every 10.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Player - Add 1000 to Player 1 (Red) Current gold

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.