Got 2 Questions :o

burnogaming

Reaction score
Hi!
I'm making my very first map with WE. It's a Hero Defense map.
Here is the problem:
After attempting to create my picture-based model on 3ds, and get no results, I went looking through a bunch of models to see if I could find what I needed. Basically I need about 20 custom models fitting my wishes, but once again, I failed on that too.
So, my last resource, I picked a basic model with a blp texture so I could edit it. I edit model with Vertex Mod and texture with PS CS3, which I feel more confortable with.
As I want to use the same base model for every Hero in my map, my problem is that I don't know how to deal with the models name. Since the base model is a custom model I've downloaded, I don't know how to import it and use it multiple times, slighty edited for every Hero (I suppose changing models names doesn't work).
Is there any solution to this ? Withouth picking several models.

My second question, for a future situation, can I code a Spell to require a Hero to hold an item on inventory in order to cast it ?

Thanks in advance, I'm basing all the map on this forum's tutorials and they're very great. As you may see, english is not my mother language so excuse me if I made some mistakes. And excuse me again if there were a thread with the info I needed, as I didn't know how to search for it.

Bruno.

burnogaming

Reaction score
can someone help me please ? i'm stuck here.

where can i tell the model the skin it should use ?
I have my custommod1.mdx, i want to copy it to custommod2.mdx, but i want each of those to have a different texture, and then import each to a different hero, but i don't know how can i change the 'references' they uses.
sorry if i didn't get you the first time

i mean, my custommod1.mdx already has custommod1.blp as skin, which i modified, but then i want to use AGAIN the same model, with a different texture (and i am editing the models too with Vertex Modify, so basically i don't want to search for 20 similar models and edit them, just want to make all from one only)

Kahiera

Reaction score
try converting the custommod2.mdx to .mdl and open it in notepad. look for custommod1.blp and change it to whatever, like custommod2.blp

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.