Spell Goukyaku no Jutsu

M

moo^moo^cow

It's a naruto spell. I know people have issues with narutardyness but i wanted to see if i could make something that looks remotely and does something similar to that in the anime. It's meant to be like a 2~3 second channeling spell but i cant seem to do that but ive gotten the graphics down right. ok to break it apart

Name- Katon: Goukyaku no Jutsu
Basic Spell Model- Monsoon (with no model)
Spell Type/Duration- 4second channelling spell
Function of spell- 500 AOE damage radius around the main ball of fire, anything covered in oil (Drunken Haze) gets sit on fire dealing additional damage. im considering if i should add a movement impairment effect to it or not but after being set alight on fire i dont think thatd be fair.

What was used- i used 2 dummys for the spell effects. i created one flying dummy at the target point of spell cast (black dragon missile model). the second i made another model at the position of the casting unit facing at the target point of spell cast (Flame thrower model). But the flame thrower model is a bit of an annoyance because of its fast animation speed so i had to reduce it to 20% of its speed to get it timed right. Since i wanted the size of the fireball to big i had to scale it up to about 5x its size and since sometimes id get the extra flame coming outside of the ball i had change the scale size of the flame thrower model to about 1.5 (3.5 works as well but i thought the size of the flame coming out of tiny head seemed a little comical for my liking).

Script Snippet-
Code:
Event
  Unit - A unit begins casting an ability
Conditions
  (Ability being cast) Equal to Katon: Goukyaku no Jutsu
Actions
  Set CastPoint = (Target point of ability being cast)
  Set Caster = (Triggering unit)
  Sound - Play katon <gen> at 100.00% volume, attached to Caster
  Unit - Turn collision for Caster Off
  Unit - Create 1 Katon Dummy 2 for (Owner of Caster) at (Position of Caster) facing (Angle from (Position of Caster) to CastPoint) degrees
  Unit - Add a 4.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
  Unit - Turn collision for Caster On
  Animation - Change (Last created unit)'s animation speed to 20.00% of its original speed
  Wait 0.25 seconds
  Special Effect - Create a special effect at CastPoint using Abilities\Spells\Other\ImmolationRed\ImmolationREDTarget.mdl
  Unit - Create 1 Katon Dummy for (Owner of Caster) at CastPoint facing (Facing of Caster) degrees
  Unit - Add 4.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
  Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
  Custom script: set udg_Caster = null
  Custom script: RemoveLocation (udg_CastPoint)
Screeny of the spell
katongoukyakugj9.jpg
Screeny 2
katongoukyaku2bk9.jpg

so basically ive got the way i want it to look but for the functionality its still a WIP. P.S. i felt bad wen i took some people's spells without crediting them on my map. I've done so on my map and i hope my contribution to the war3editor community redeems that. If anyone can give me some hints as to improve how the spell deals damage thatd be appreciated but i think ive already figured it out. :D

Somatic

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
First - Use the
Code:
 Tag.... it looks messy.

2nd - Use Triggering unit, Casting unit is slower at getting the unit.

3rd - Location Leaks

[CODE]Unit - Create 1 Katon Dummy 2 for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at[B] (Position of (Casting unit))[/B] facing (Angle from [B](Position of (Casting unit)) [/B]to ([B]Target point of ability being cast[/B])) degrees

Code:
Unit - Create 1 Katon Dummy for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at [B](Target point of ability being cast[/B]) facing (Facing of (Casting unit)) degrees

Code:
Unit - Cause (Last created unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 500.00 at ([B]Target point of ability being cast[/B]), dealing 100.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Fire

Code:
Unit - Cause (Last created unit) to damage circluar are after 0.00 seconds of radius 500.00 at (Target point of ability being cast), dealing 100.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Fire

Leaks and Leaks and More Leaks...

M

moo^moo^cow

ahh i see i dont get why is casting unit slower then triggering unit? and also wat do you mean by leaks sorry im new to all this.

M

moo^moo^cow

ahhh i see now but i still dont understand how that could possibly leak tho i mean it only damages once so why would it still continually damage that area?

Somatic

Reaction score
Well, a Leak occurs when you do not clear up what you used.

Location is a big problem, as you can see.

You "Used" it, but it was not disposed properly. IT ends up eating a chunk of your Memory Space.

As this leak gets repeated, and used, it slowly Generates more Used up Memory For your Processor. Ending up causing Lags in game.

M

moo^moo^cow

ok ive attempted to fix the leak can you tell me if this would work or would this cause a major leak? oh and btw thanks that really cleared things up i was wonderin why my map got a little laggy. and ilearnt something new i dont need a "Caster" varible for each spell now. i can delete the bajillion "Caster" varibles now XD

Somatic

Reaction score
Code:
Set TempLoc = Event - Target point of Ability Cast

Create a "Point" Variable and assign it like what i typed above, then also Use the
Code:
call RemoveLocation : udg_TempLoc
at the end of the trigger, you still need the variable for the spell. So dun destory it so early.

Also Post the Screen Shot using the

M

moo^moo^cow

i used the image tag but it keeps coming up as a link it worked fine before i dont know why it isnt working.

i actually need to make a point varible? so it wont work if i removed the point of ability being cast?

Somatic

Reaction score
You need a Reference for the whole Trigger to work, and to make it such that u can clear up after u used it, assigning it to a variable makes it can be called back, used, and destoried. Got it ? =)

For

M

moo^moo^cow

done and done. thanks for the help. i've fixed the leaks, edited the post so now you have a screeny i should update that screen since i decided to change the model. there are a few fire models but it definately has to be the black dragon missile model it works wonders. i can start fixing up the leaks in my other spells then.. :D

Somatic

Reaction score
For burning, use the Phoenix Fire buff, it looks like real Fire Burning. Hope this helps you much. Hope you learn much from this forum. =p +Rep for nice Learning attitude

M

moo^moo^cow

hmmm i tried it it looked good wen its small but the fire itself not really that good wen its bloated up :( plus i wanted a REAL fireball like the name suggests (when translated into english "Grand Fireball") i also seem to find a way to damage enemies in the circle radius of the fireball and not allies.

Somatic

Reaction score
Ic, well Have Fun. And also Welcome to the Forum. =p

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
If I was making a spell based on Naruto, I would of just made this spell based on "Breath of Fire". :p

Have you tried using Aerial Shackles as a base for your spell? It looks like a decent fire orb if you give it surrounding fire effects from phoenix fire.

Code:
Abilities\Spells\Human\AerialShackles\AerialShacklesTarget.mdx

M

moo^moo^cow

hahah thanks somatic i felt a little skeptical if id feel welcome in such a harsh criticquing forum. Orc i consider using Aerial but its not wat i really want. everyone uses the breath of fire and quite frankly i think its lazy and its not too good on the eyes. i actually made an attempt to make it into a big ball of fire ill upload an updated screeny cause i just made it look nicer too. The Aerial shackle is kinda too bright and doesnt give a fiery feel like if you compare to the lighting on my bloated up dragon missile. Also i dont want it to be a unit select spell i wanted to be able to cast anywhere for strategic reasons and to make it look cool.

Blackrage

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
ahh i see i dont get why is casting unit slower then triggering unit? and also wat do you mean by leaks sorry im new to all this.

because when you use casting unit, it is basicly triggering unit so it switches to triggering unit. If you use Triggering Unit it directly does the spells.

M

moo^moo^cow

Finished ive completed the spell now check the first post ive edited it.

M

moo^moo^cow

oh i have to submit in a spell map?? i thought i only needed to submit in the code snippet. ok then ill just whip one up now then.

EDIT: ergh ok the spell is not finished after all..... i found a problem with it once you cast and then stop the spell keeps going =/ and monsoon is a random unit in area gets hit type of spell so i have to resort to make unit damage area after all :(. i need to be able to pause my unit and make him continue with his channeling

ok i thought this would take a few minutes but this is really really really fustrating me. ive searched through the forums for over 3 hrs now and i havent found a signle thing that could help me stop my unit from moving or selecting him or skipping the entire trigger if my unit is moved during the channeling of the spell. ive tried adding the ward classifcation and using the order unit to stop but for one you cant cast and second he can still move and would cause him to stop channeling. ive tried using if then else sayin that if current unit order is order(channel) set channel = true else channel = false and if channel = false set everything to null and skip remaining actions. none of it seems to work and im really tired and annoyed can anyone help?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.