Gravity Wells

RedFox4

Reaction score
I am making a map involving gravity wells and my problem is in coming up with some way to keep units inside the gravity well...

Code:
Planet = P
Gravity well edge= G
Furthest u are able to go out of gravity well = I

P                      G                  I
      400range           150range

Along with keeping units inside comes of how to make units jump to other planets the units have to be just outside the gravity well but not beyond the I.

Last thing i promise.......how could i show people the gravity well circle with the planet in the middle and it would stay on permanently? for this could i make a planar model and just add a colored skin to it and then size it to the gravity well size?

IceWarrior98

Reaction score
Sounds like a Sins of a Solar Empire thing you're trying here. I'm not sure how it could be done but I can suggest several things to look into.

1) JASS. I don't even know this stuff, but apparently it can do wonders for the "impossible".
2) Pathing Blockers. These can block all units from going beyond them, and used in combination with triggers can make the "jump" effect.

Also, for the "gravity well" effect. Perhaps a circular model that is very thin and increase it's size. It may look ugly but if reskinned or even custom made it could give you exactly what you want.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.