Grenzy!

Gotham

Reaction score
Grenzy!

Based on Footmen Frenzy, heroless, fast-paced. Up to 8 players (2vs2vs2vs2).

Really cool features:

· Up to 4 units spawning at the same time for each player: One slot for producing one type of unit from each race, with 3 tiers each unit.

· Nice spawning handicap system: To speed up the gameplay, balance it, and make newbie mistakes less fatal. It works by accelerating the training time of the units when having few different units spawning.

· Anti-massing feature: By giving all produced units a duration, massing monstrously huge armies is not possible. Your army can get pretty big even with this. This also highly encourages actually using your units, and adds an important strategic factor. Totally inspired by AceHart's Revenge of the Skeletons (and the desperate need to encourage unit usage).

Not that cool features:

· Solo player bonus: For speeding up gameplay on 1vs1vs1vs1, and give some chance to players that have leavers on their team. It works by accelerating the training speed of the units.

· Anti-bashing feature: Units spawn with increased numbers if there are too few total units. This enables defenders to stand a chance against big armies when defenseless.

· Well... different units: With a system that supports up to 120 different units (10 for 4 races with 3 tiers each), Grenzy has lots of space to grow.

· Unit abilities: most units have different abilities that add an important strategic factor to the game.

· Rebuildable and upgradeable tower: Each player has it's own personal tower, that can be upgraded to actually do something (starts as a Disarmed Tower that can be upgraded to Defense Tower). Destroyed Defense Towers remain as Ruined Towers, until you rebuild them to Disarmed Towers, to start the cycle again. You can upgrade the tower's damage, and don't worry, the research level will be kept for rebuilt towers.

· Early rushing discouraged: The bases do a little damage to the attackers (even rangeds) when attacked. I know early rushing it's a valid strategy, but very frustrating for the average inexperienced player. If you're a nifty person it's not that hard to overcome the damage.

· Fast paced: each unit is easily killable but can do lots of damage! Micro-intensive for advanced players. Each game shouldn't last more than 20-30 minutes, given that a player researches the correct units and attacks at the right time.

· Mini-sized: The map is tiny, the units are small, the war takes all over the place!

· Open source: the map is open for the public, and will remain like that as long it's not needed to optimize it for performance issues.

· Mercenary camps: hire powerful mercenaries to aid your army. They are permanent and don't add to the unit count (remember the anti-bashing feature? you can abuse this :p)

· Game events: NYI. Will be like 'host types -frenzy. the first player that kills 30 units in less than one minute wins 200 gold'.

· AI: NYI.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Progress:
General Triggers: 100%
General Systems: 100%
Terrain: 95%
Units: 20%
Balancing: 17%
Game events: 0%
AI: 0%

Looking for:
Beta-testers: the beta is public, but I can't get enough people 'cause when I say it's based on FF, they leave :( I think this map deserves an opportunity.
AI programmer(s): I'm trying to do this myself, but some help would be VERY helpful (redundance ftw).
Terrainer: the map is VERY simple and small, but a skilled terrainer could make a dull footmen wars map into a very beautiful thing.
JASS programmers: not for doin' the hard work, but to give me advices about my programming
Suggestions: Like if I should add heroes, change some abilities, add new units, game events, new features, etc. Really really important!

Download a fully playable version of the map! (currently v0.23b)
Download from EpicWar
Download from ADrive

Thank you for reading and hopefully contributing!

edit:

Ideas List:

Here I will post ideas for the upcoming versions...

Champions and Heroes:
Basically an experience system for units, if they get enough experience (and luck) before expiring, a unit may become a champion (champions are permanent). A champion has increased HP (not more than the next tier), increased damage (may be more than the next tier), armor (just a little), and if the unit is tier 3 (ultimate tier), it may become a hero. You can only have one hero, and your hero must be of your initial race. So if you're human and have Swordsmen (tier 3), a Champion Swordsman with enough experience may become a hero, thus gaining the power to level abilities and growing in uberness.
The champions thing it's just a feature, nothing really strategical (for micro intensive players it may become crucial, though). The heroes are for ending games, because one major flaw of the game is the dragging when 2 players (or teams) are left and are just going back and forth, without opportunity to destroy the enemy base. In late game, champions will be your elite force, and a hero will be a deciding factor.

Mass unit controlling:
I have this idea from my previous Footmen map, but I'm delaying it, because it's not as useful as it seems. Microing > all
I had a wisp for each player, mass unit controlling was set by attack-moving to the point where the wisp was (if MUC was activated), with additional commands on the wisp (like stop, hold position, return to base).
Maybe I'll just make it AoE based (like, all the units on the AoE return to base, etc.).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.