Harvesting Gold fro Trees

2evil

Reaction score
GAH! Its been a year or so since ive touched world edit, but at least this time it is with a completely fresh project.

But that aside, I am trying to make peasants bring gold back from a tree when chopping it down. Making a gold mine look like a tree simply won't work in this application, as it is going to be a heavily forested map. I couldn't find anything in the gameplay variables or anywhere else.

Any Ideas?

Taishaku

Reaction score
Use the Event "Player - Properties."

When Lumber > 0, turn it into Gold. ^^

If you don't want 0, set an integer array that records how much Lumber they are SUPPOSED to have. This will of course mean that Lumber will have to be trigger-given.

Tyrulan

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Set wood harvest to 0 in gameplay constants.
Play Unit ANimation Harvest Wood (or gold if that's what you want)
Add 10 gold to resources every 2 or w/e seconds.

I an help with the specifics when you get a little farther along with this but for now that is my basic idea.

Taishaku

Reaction score
@Tyrulan
He could also just modify the unit ability Harvest - Gold and Lumber.

But I would think sticking to the Harvest ability rather than being exclusively trigger-based would be safer.

2evil

Reaction score
I want to be able to use the wood for other things as well, so making a trigger to keep it at 0 won't work. Also, editing the harvest resources skill does not let you define what counts as gold and what counts as wood

2evil

Reaction score
The main currency is going to be gold though, but I think I found a workaround.

But another semi-related question:
is there any check for resources being dropped off?

Taishaku

Reaction score
@2evil
Like I said, the way I described lets you still have wood through triggers. It's just that when you get more than the wood you had from triggers, it is turned to gold.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.