Have you ever been beaten by an AI(computer) Player?

Zerox

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone I was just curious if anyone has been beaten by an AI player that THEY made. Or a buddy of yours I guess. :p I was playing MY map Jungle Frenzy (similar to Footman Frenzy,) and I was going against the AI I made on my own from scratch. And it not only beat me but it beat me good. Like it got me stuck in my base area so I couldn't leave And just kept slaughtering all my troops until it destroyed my Barracks like building. Thus causing me to lose. It was crazy any time I thought I was gonna break the wall they made of units that trapped me in there I just got womped by another wave of troops they'd send in. There was also one other computer player. But the computer that beat me just kept going up killing all the units but the Barracks like building and then would come back. So it could get the money from the units. And when the other computer would try to attack it would just go crush it and stop all resistance but not kill the main building so it could have a source of income to keep upgrading to make my life more difficult.

I got beaten terribly. It wasn't close or anything, but beaten really well. It completely amazed me that I had made such an inteligent ai.

Has anyone else lost to an AI of your own making?

P.S. I will be releasing my Jungle Frenzy map soon. I just need to finish the last little bit of beta testing.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
ive been beaten by me vs 11 Computer Insanes in a ladder game.... is that the same?

Caedin88

Reaction score
of course

AI reactions > humans reactions

Depends mostly on what type of game.

AI reactions may be faster but to if you MADE the AI then you know all its stratagies and so it should be easy to defeat by countering and using your intelligence.

Unless of course you are playing a game that counts APM or somthing.

Also people can micro computers to death, AI can't really micro... and even making them Micro with AI is ussually very bad.

Zerox

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
how do you even create your own A.I's?

Well suposedly you can do it through the AI editor. Made by Blizzard. But generally its made via triggers. Generally a good place to start is to use the condition:
Code:
Player Controller Status Equal to Computer

But really it just takes really knowing how everything works in your map and how many people play. To make a good one.

And yeah I would have to agree with you Chocobo (P.S. Final Fantasy is awesome I'm also a fan of it,) AIs if made well can work better than a human. They after all don't get distracted like people can. Or forget that hmm I have money I should do this kinda stuff.

Guess I did a real good job on my AI if it went and complete woopped me. Honestly I was really happy that I had made such a versatile AI that had the possibility to play on an easier level or as a killer player that completely strategizes against you. But at the same note losing to the AI I made really made me go crap the computer is better at my map than me. :p Although I played another round and was able to beat it.

Anyone else wanna tell stories?

Zerox

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Um I couldn't really show you were I learned since I just figured it out all on my own. But really it all depends on what the map type is. And the way you want a computer to play. M suggestion is to just take a look around in the trigger editor after you have thought about what you want and just try to make it on your own. Since AI's are kind of specific to a map. Good Luck. ;)

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
In Angel Arena dom and up the insane computer player is insanely rigged and gets every godly item if you get even one. Sad thing is I somehow won. :(

Zerox

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
In Angel Arena dom and up the insane computer player is insanely rigged and gets every godly item if you get even one. Sad thing is I somehow won. :(

Hahaha then you should be proud you did. :D You didn't use any cheat codes did you? Anyway anyone else?

demotry241

Don't Ever Categorize Yourself.
Reaction score
look at Tekken 5.. I played story mode, set the difficulty to ultra hard.. and the ai is toe to toe with me.

strategy ai is godly.

fps ai is always points they're scope to your head.

fighting ai, is a matter of response attacks..
--------------------------------------
i watched AI, movie. awesome.

Renendaru

Reaction score
You didn't use any cheat codes did you?

These comments are what make me not want to play my own map.... I'm accused of cheating every time I play it.

Lightstalker

Reaction score
Yea, for the new map I'm working on, I made an AI and if I set it to Insane, it pwns me completely (although it does get a 200 gold advantage.) I'm sure it'd beat me in Hard (never tried on Hard). And on normal, it's a tough fight, but it always ends up beating me. On Easy, I win all the time :p

Dameon

"All the power in the world resides in the eyes"
Reaction score
I normaly have little to no trouble beating an AI, all there moves are triggered in advance and if the moves are planned out already they can be predected, if you can predict some thing you can counter. All you have to do is host a few games and watch what the AI does with defrent situations.

Lightstalker

Reaction score
XDD. I beat any AI on any level in my map.

Your AI prolly sucks. :shades:

I normaly have little to no trouble beating an AI, all there moves are triggered in advance and if the moves are planned out already they can be predected, if you can predict some thing you can counter. All you have to do is host a few games and watch what the AI does with defrent situations.

I lose againt my own AI because I'm slow. The AI does stuff too fast for me because I never care to play my best and have my fingers ready on hotkeys.

Renendaru

Reaction score
Actually no... It pretty much owns anyone unless you know how the game runs. There's currently 3 people I know of who can beat it. These are my close friends too. :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.