Help - Damage Visuals

Sefiraat

Reaction score
Hey all, I am trying to make myself an RPG much like defiances and have gotten alot done, but I become stuck while trying to make a "Damage Visualisation" trigger, So a trigger that show damage as a Floating Text appirrating from the unit attacked. But always coming up as being "0"

Here is what i have:

Code:
Damage From Player To Enemy
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is attacked
    Conditions
        ((Owner of (Attacking unit)) controller) Equal to User
    Actions
        Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (String((Integer((Damage taken))))) at (Position of (Attacked unit)) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 7.00, color (100.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
        Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
        Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 64.00 towards 90.00 degrees
        Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 5.00 seconds
        Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 4.00 seconds

For all who dont know whats going on with the first action, Its turning the Real (0.0) into its nearest integer (0)

If anyone can help me out by telling me where i am just being dumb would be great :rolleyes:

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> Damage taken

That only registers with the A Unit Takes Damage event, not A Unit is Attacked.

Sefiraat

Reaction score
Again, forgive me for being dumb, but i am quite sure i looked whole-heartedly for a "Takes Damage" trigger and couldnt seem to find one, If you could give, grrr, directions to it ^^ That would be helpful

Counter
- Dumb
- Now Blind

:banghead:

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
It is a Specific Unit Event, not Generic.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.