Help Me on My MAP!!!

PwNaGe2.0

Reaction score
I am really stuck right now, I am tryin to make a village/tribes game and I need help on some areas.
1.How do I make the wall in Destructible/Doodads, be buildable by peasants,wisps,etc?
2. How can I make a trigger that can deduct food/gold/wood etc over time?
3.Can I make an ability that can be used for regular units? if so how?
4. Anotha trigger that can show the time and every time it reaches 0, its like a tax thing: every 2 mins, u get etc. gold?

If you can submit some answers to my problem than that would be a great help for me, Thx!

ZiggyMcjoney

Data editor?! AAAHHHHH!
Reaction score
I am really stuck right now, I am tryin to make a village/tribes game and I need help on some areas.
1.How do I make the wall in Destructible/Doodads, be buildable by peasants,wisps,etc?
2. How can I make a trigger that can deduct food/gold/wood etc over time?
3.Can I make an ability that can be used for regular units? if so how?
4. Anotha trigger that can show the time and every time it reaches 0, its like a tax thing: every 2 mins, u get etc. gold?

If you can submit some answers to my problem than that would be a great help for me, Thx!

1. Make a unit and give it that model.
Code:
Events
 Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time

Actions
 Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do:
  Loop - Actions:
   Add -1 to (Picked player) Current gold
   Add -1 to (Picked player) Current lumber

3. Make sure both the "Item Ability" and "Hero Ability" fields are unchecked, then add it to the unit in the object editor.

F

Federation

1) Make a custom buidling in the UNIT editor that uses the gate model and be sure to add it to the pesants build list
2) use a periodic event and the add - (negative) action
3) go to the ability editor and turn the hero skill to false and the item skill to false
4) use a countdown timer and make a trigger so when timer reaches 0 it adds gold and resets the timer

EDIT: Damn too late :D

Code:
events
condition
action
  countdown timer - start (x) as a repeating timer that will expire in <y> seconds
Code:
event
  timer - x expires
condition
action
  player add 1 to (picked player) current gold

PwNaGe2.0

Reaction score
more help pls!

thx to those who answered above me!! and now i hav a few more questions by now from the answers, seriously about this and i jus started the editor and dont no how to do it so heres my Q:
1. How do I MAKE A CUSTOM BUILDING??? DO I USE A BUILDING I ALREADY HAVE IN MY UNIT EDITOR OR MAKE IT SOMEHOW??
2. I am seriously fucked up right now, I need some help on the doodad/buildable thing... -_-
3. How can I make a unit hav an ability to do work and stuff,(this is for my village game)
Ex: (Man harvests wood and lumber)?
4. Does anybody know how to make the ppl hav jobs?
(farmer, woodsman, fisher, and etc.)
5. I need to know if a man can fish...like go in the river or lake and kill a fish without it attacking bak?
6. how can I make a kid spawn after a man and woman get together? trigger?
if so HOW??
7. How do I make tents of any race, fire pits, Wooden Walls ( if ther r any), gate, and all those other doodads? cause I dont get the idea of using a model to replace in the unit editor and all that so if u can jus walk me through this 1...
thx to those who previously answered and to those about to answer!!
:p

ZiggyMcjoney

Data editor?! AAAHHHHH!
Reaction score
thx to those who answered above me!! and now i hav a few more questions by now from the answers, seriously about this and i jus started the editor and dont no how to do it so heres my Q:
1. How do I MAKE A CUSTOM BUILDING??? DO I USE A BUILDING I ALREADY HAVE IN MY UNIT EDITOR OR MAKE IT SOMEHOW??
2. I am seriously fucked up right now, I need some help on the doodad/buildable thing... -_-
3. How can I make a unit hav an ability to do work and stuff,(this is for my village game)
(farmer, woodsman, fisher, and etc.)
5. I need to know if a man can fish...like go in the river or lake and kill a fish without it attacking bak?
if so HOW??
7. How do I make tents of any race, fire pits, Wooden Walls ( if ther r any), gate, and all those other doodads? cause I dont get the idea of using a model to replace in the unit editor and all that so if u can jus walk me through this 1...
thx to those who previously answered and to those about to answer!!
:p

Right click in the unit editor > New Custom Unit
Base it off a building.
2. In the unit editor, the field: Art - Model File
Change that to the model file of the wall.
3. What do you mean?
4. Again, what do you mean?
5. Just make a custom unit, change the model to a fish and remove it's attack:
Combat - Attacks Enabled
Change that to "None"
6. Explain how you want this to be done.
7. See question 2.

takethat

Reaction score
Code:
if so HOW??

3. to have a non worker type unit to be able to harvest, add ability harvest wood, gold... human, orc and NE have 1, undead have 2, neutral also have 1(from sapper)

4. if you want to know the method i use in my map, it is quite easy, give a building an ability <change a unit to fisherman>, use a trigger to detect the spell, chk condition that u want(like you need the unit to hold a stick then only can become a fisherman), than action>>change the target unit of ability casted into watever you want.

6. same as 4, but instead of making the unit changed, u use trigger <create 1 [kid] for owner of casting unit>

PwNaGe2.0

Reaction score
THX GUYS!! This is really helping me again with my editor work, though i may com bak with a few questions l8r on.
1. this will probly b my last 4 today so, yea, walk me through on the trigger parts, and if any1 culd do that than im sure(probly) to get thx for asll the help guys!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.