help: sort of little boss system not working :(

Jooster

Reaction score
im having a real problem with this single boss system.

first off as soon as the boss hits 75/50/25% health each integer im running this. this trigger turns on 2 seperate triggers. noted below

Code:
LE 75 to70 hp
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is attacked
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Attacked unit)) Equal to boss_array[5]
    Actions
        Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_unit_group)
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                And - All (Conditions) are true
                    Conditions
                        (Life of (Attacked unit)) Less than (((Max life of (Attacked unit)) / 100.00) x 75.00)
                        (Life of (Attacked unit)) Greater than (((Max life of (Attacked unit)) / 100.00) x 65.00)
            Then - Actions
                Set point = (Position of (Attacked unit))
                Set point2 = (Random point in (Rect centered at point with size (1000.00, 1000.00)))
                Set unit_group = (Units of type (Unit-type of Var_Unit[5]))
                Unit Group - Pick every unit in unit_group and do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                        Unit - Create 1 Electrical Pylon for Neutral Hostile at point2 facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
                        Unit - Set level of Pylon_Transfer  for (Last created unit) to 1
                        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Dark Ranger - Life Drain (Attacked unit)
                        Unit - Add Pylon_Transfer  to (Last created unit)
                        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Dark Ranger - Life Drain (Random unit from (Units of type boss_array[5]))
                Trigger - Turn on LE L1 dummy remove <gen>
                    Loop - Actions
                        Unit - Add Lighting Shield  to (Picked unit)
                        Unit - Set level of Lighting Shield  for (Picked unit) to 1
                        Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Orc Shaman - Lightning Shield (Picked unit)
                    Loop - Actions
                        Unit - Add Lighting Overload  to (Picked unit)
                        Unit - Set level of Lighting Overload  for (Picked unit) to 1
                        Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Night Elf Priestess Of The Moon - Starfall
                Trigger - Turn on Lighting Overload <gen>
                Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_point)
                Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_point2)
                Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
            Else - Actions

what that trigger is supposed to do is;
1: add a dummy unit down that acts as a pylon. with another dummy unit on channeling a life drain that transfers health to the boss till the boss hits 70% health then turns off. with this trigger
2:then he lighting shields himself.
3:casts a dummy spell which in turn, turns on the last trigger of code.

this trigger is basically just while the pylon is up and the dummy(pylon) unit is channeling a heal this trigger runs a dummy unit under the boss. when ever you attack the boss its like your connecting to a electrical circuit you will get shocked.
Code:
LE L1 dummy remove
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is attacked
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Attacked unit)) Equal to boss_array[5]
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                And - All (Conditions) are true
                    Conditions
                        (Life of (Attacked unit)) Less than (((Max life of (Attacked unit)) / 100.00) x 70.00)
                        (Life of (Attacked unit)) Greater than (((Max life of (Attacked unit)) / 100.00) x 65.00)
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Remove (Random unit from (Units of type Pylon (Caster Dummy))) from the game
                Unit - Remove (Random unit from (Units of type Electrical Pylon)) from the game
                Custom script:    call RemoveRect(udg_Temp_rect)
                Trigger - Turn off Lighting Overload <gen>
                Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
            Else - Actions

alright so my problems are this.
1: the pylons (life drain) isnt transfering health. i have the gameplay constants and targets allowed right. the spell is channeling i just cant figure out the right data fields.
2: the last trigger where anytime hes attacked while channeling the spell to spawn a dummy unit and chain lighting them they arent chain lighting the attacking unit.

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
Lol im just thinking what if the attacking unit attacked the attacked unit from 71% hp to 64%? Itll just straight skip the whole trigger.

And also for ur 1st question, u ordered the dummmy to life drain, and not to give life, isnt life drain taking hp from the attacked unit?

Jooster

Reaction score
he has alot of health....... it's funny though the first time i tested it i got half way through the loading screen when i realized i forgot to set his STR high enough where that very problem wouldn't accur.

skyblader

Reaction score
I have the reply to ur first question. And im really lazy becoz im tried now.. ur trigger looks big, so i just glanced thru them. Ill just edit my post when i got the answer.

Wads Var_unit[5]?

skyblader

Reaction score
Well, is ur first question solved? Anyway, What I want to ask is, the function of lightning shield because, u didnt target any enemy + do u mean in ur 2nd question as, the unit attacked himself instead? Because , other than that it should be fine.

Jooster

Reaction score
Well, is ur first question solved? Anyway, What I want to ask is, the function of lightning shield because, u didnt target any enemy + do u mean in ur 2nd question as, the unit attacked himself instead? Because , other than that it should be fine.

no neither question is solved. what do you mean the function of lighting shield? its just regular lighting shield but custom for alot more damage and a little bigger aoe.

and yea he has a target. his target is himself see

Code:
[B]Set unit_group = (Units of type (Unit-type of Var_Unit[5][/B]))
Unit Group - [B]Pick every unit in unit_group[/B] and do (Actions)
    Loop - Actions
        Unit - Add Lighting Shield  to (Picked unit)
        Unit - Set level of Lighting Shield  for (Picked unit) to 1
       [B] Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Orc Shaman - Lightning Shield (Picked unit)[/B]

and second question: i dont know whats wrong. the dummy units just aren't casting chain lighting at the attacking unit. the boss is the attacked unit and other players heros are the attacking unit.

skyblader

Reaction score
Question 1:
And also for ur 1st question, u ordered the dummmy to life drain, and not to give life, isnt life drain taking hp from the attacked unit?

If lightning shield is a shield that reflects damage... then... Nothing should be wrong, becuz what ur trigger does is order the boss to cast lightning shield on himself, and then cast starfall. He shouldn't be damaging himself... Maybe its the problem with ur Unit_Var[5]. Maybe it needs to be a hero(ur boss)

Jooster

Reaction score
well no you CAN make life drain and siphon mana to give mana or give health to a unit. you can go to gameplay constants and (its near the very bottom) and check a check box to allow life transfer. i just dont know the right type of data fields to actually make it give life. its confusing me :(

lighting shield doesnt reflect damage. its just normal lighting shield. with alot more damage to go with the whole lighting theme of the boss

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • WildTurkey WildTurkey:
    is there a stephen green in the house?
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up WildTurkey?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Looks like Google fixed whatever mistake that made the recipes on the site go crazy and we are no longer trending towards a recipe site lol - I don't care though because it motivated me to spend alot of time on the site improving it and at least now the content people are looking at is not stupid and embarrassing like it was when I first got back into this like 5 years ago.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Plus - I have a pretty bad ass recipe collection now! That section of the site is 10 thousand times better than it was before
  • The Helper The Helper:
    We now have a web designer at my job. A legit talented professional! I am going to get him to redesign the site theme. It is time.
  • Varine Varine:
    I got one more day of community service and then I'm free from this nonsense! I polished a cop car today for a funeral or something I guess
  • Varine Varine:
    They also were digging threw old shit at the sheriff's office and I tried to get them to give me the old electronic stuff, but they said no. They can't give it to people because they might use it to impersonate a cop or break into their network or some shit? idk but it was a shame to see them take a whole bunch of radios and shit to get shredded and landfilled
  • The Helper The Helper:
    whatever at least you are free
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.