Help with a summon abillity!

Da_HP_Geek

Reaction score
In desperate need of a trigger!

Hi!

I've based a spell on Dark Portal, wich summon a unit (Phoenix). The thing is that the unit is unique in my game, so I dont want it to be summoned more than once per time. Only 1 hero got this abillity, so u dont have to care of MUI. So when the phoenix or the egg is alive, the abillity shall be disabled in some way. But when its dead, I want a cooldown before I can use it again. Rep to they who helps me! I would be pleased if u builded up the trigger for me, cause I am not the best at triggers ;)

Thx in advance!

deathblade

Reaction score
put:
disable <your ability> for triggering player at the start of your trigger
and enable it at the end

this is mui btw :p

Naga'sShadow

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Another option is to include a techtree requirement in your spell. Probably a dependency equivalency where you need a unit to cast the spell. Create a unit with a name like "only one phoenix may be summoned at a time". Then give this unit to the player and take it away whenever the phoenix is out. The unit can have locust so you don't even realize its there.

Da_HP_Geek

Reaction score
put:
disable <your ability> for triggering player at the start of your trigger
and enable it at the end

this is mui btw :p

But the problem is that is isn't a trigger ;)

Another option is to include a techtree requirement in your spell. Probably a dependency equivalency where you need a unit to cast the spell. Create a unit with a name like "only one phoenix may be summoned at a time". Then give this unit to the player and take it away whenever the phoenix is out. The unit can have locust so you don't even realize its there.

Ok, I will try to fix it on my own, if not, I'll write here again ;)

Rep!

Da_HP_Geek

Reaction score
I want help with an abillity that is based on Dark Portal. The unit that is summoned is a phoneix. But I just want one phoenix per time. Only 1 unit shall have it, so It dont have to be MUI. Just help me to finnish my trigger, I dont really know how to do.

Trigger:
  • Summon Phoenix
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Summon Phoenix
    • Actions
      • Set RemovePhoenix = Only one Phoenix may be summoned at a time 0224 &lt;gen&gt;
      • Unit - Remove Only one Phoenix may be summoned at a time 0224 &lt;gen&gt; from the game

I have added a techtree, so it cant be more than 1 phoenix out per time. But how to add the unit again after it have bean removed? When the phoenix egg is destroyed, I want the unit to "come back".

Sorry, my english isn't the best, but I hope u can understand me :p

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
Sorry, my english isn't the best, but I hope u can understand me :p

It's much better than a lot of people's *cough* millzy :p*cough*
Don't worry we all love you millzy :rolleyes:

Alright so concerning the problem, you'd first have to use the event A unit spawns a summoned unit, then you have to add a condition to check if the summoned unit is a phoenix
If so, set some unit variable to Summoned Unit, set another unit variable to Summoning Unit and remove the ability from Summoning Unit
In another trigger:
Code:
Event: A unit dies
Condition: Dying Unit equal to YourPhoenixVariable
Action: Add YourAbility to YourSummoningUnitVariable

Da_HP_Geek

Reaction score
Sorry, millzy? ^^ Never heard that word before...

Thx, I maybe will be asking for more ;) rep

Edit: That was to complicate for me... There's a lot of more stuffs there than I requested and I have no idea how to remove all stuffs without to destroy the whole trigger ^^

Naga'sShadow

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Don't remove the unit just switch its control over to neutral passive. That way its always a preplaced unit and you'll have no trouble referring to it in triggers.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.