Help with Custom AI

nivsultan

Reaction score
I created a Custom AI, followed the tutorials http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/cat_usersubmit.php?view=15516 and http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/cat_usersubmit.php?view=53937, and still can't get my enemies to cast spells. The map is an RPG, and I gave a unit a War Stomp type of spell, (he has mana, more than enough to cast it) and he won't cast. I imported the AI, tried changing the paths, deleting the Data, reimporting, ran the script via a trigger, I TRIED EVERYTHING! Does anyone have any idea what I could be doing wrong?

Sgqvur

FullOfUltimateTruthsAndEt ernalPrinciples, i.e shi
Reaction score
Why are you making "AI" for getting enemies to cast spells? Normal ai can do that. In fact the ai comming with easy/normal/insane computers is actually quite good (you should try beating 1 or 2 [hell maybe even 9 ^^])
It is pretty capable of using spells. Make sure the creeps in your rpg are controlled by insane computer. Your ai is for creeps/mobs right?

JuiceBox

Reaction score
The units are custom units and I want them to cast custom spells.

This is freehanded and might not look exactly the same as the triggers in the editor! :)

Event:
Map Initialization

Condition:

Action:
Set UnitVariableHero = [your hero here]

- - - - - - - - - - -

Event:
Unit is within range of UnitVariableHero

Condition:
Owner of (triggering unit) is equal to [enemy player]

Action If/Then/Else, Multiple Functions:
If - Mana of UnitHeroVariable is greater than or equal to 100
Then - Cast Tauren Chieftain Warstomp [Issue order targetting no point]
Else - [up to you]

nivsultan

Reaction score
The thing is, I've done it with just a regular AI (a long, long time ago, I already forgot how) So I know that you don't have to use triggers to make them cast individual spells.

nivsultan

Reaction score
Yes, it I exported all Object Data from the Object Editor, put it into the AI, and imported that into the map. (But it doesn't work now)

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.