Help with custom spells

howlingwolf

Reaction score
Hiya. ^^ I've only started toying around with Editor a few days ago, but I've been playing DotA for a while. I've been having a few problems with my custom units and spells. Help would be greatly appreciated. :)

1. There's one spell I want, that's similar to Bladestorm, but has much shorter duration and less mana cost. But when I did all of that, the units that were meant to take damage took damage, but there was no animation.

2. I tried making a spell that's similar to the Twin Headed Dragon's Ice Path spell (i.e freezes and does damage to all units in a line) but there was no stun, only damage. The animation was a little strange too; I edited the Shockwave spell. Is there a different way to make the spell?

Hellohihi

Reaction score
1.Only blademaster and grom hellscream has the animation for the bladestorm.

2.ice path in dota is based of triggers. You have to be able to pick all units in a line infront of the user and create a dummy unit that casts a modified entangling roots on them.
The modified entangling roots is the freeze effect.

Ice path may be a little hard for a beginner to handle.

I got help creating the ice path in my map before, however it is in vjass language.
But still, no harm posting the link to it: http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=127441

crabbb622

Reaction score
making spells is a lot (notice that a lot is 2 words) easier if you trigger them. Sounds like you're trying to do this with the Object Editor alone. Read up on some tutorials if you want.

Glimpse

Reaction score
What is the Art - Animation name for the Blademasters twirl? I want to replace "Slam" "Channel" ets with his spin.

Right now all specials make him do his typical jump. I want to know if I can spin him while he's doing Pulverize, for example.

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
glimpse dont post Q,s here make ur own thread with ur Q,s

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.