Help with Resurrection for Heroes

yap9988

Reaction score
Hi there, I am yap, and this is the first time I make a post as I couldn't find any solutions for my problem after having searches on the forum

Well, for my map, I have a Priest who knows resurrections, and he is the one who can cast Resurrection, to resurrect the hero back to the battlefield.

And today, I found some material which can help me, as below.
But, there may be 2 or MORE hero died.
I have tried, when there is 2 or more hero died, only the one which is firstly died can be revived?

Any solutions for my problems? Please.
Thanks for reading

Trigger:
  • Hero Dies
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Dying unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set Dying_Units[0] = (Dying unit)

Trigger:
  • Resurrection
    • Events
      • Units - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Resurrection
    • Actions
      • Hero - Instantly revive Dying_Units[0] at (Center of Revive Regiong <gen>), Show revival graphics

igor1222

Reaction score
Why not, just make the Trigger so that the Hero Ressurects, at one special point? Like in a hero arena? Then you also have to specify, what player the unit belongs to, and the condition should of course be "A hero = true".
Unless you have a Scoreboard, that shows Deaths, then you don't need a Custome Variable for this Trigger.

yap9988

Reaction score
Why not, just make the Trigger so that the Hero Ressurects, at one special point? Like in a hero arena? Then you also have to specify, what player the unit belongs to, and the condition should of course be "A hero = true".
Unless you have a Scoreboard, that shows Deaths, then you don't need a Custome Variable for this Trigger.

Thanks for your reply.!!
Actually those scripts works, but I wonder why the second hero died can't have resurrected??

igor1222

Reaction score
Is it still not ressurected? If so, then I can try find the script I used in another map.

yap9988

Reaction score
Is it still not ressurected? If so, then I can try find the script I used in another map.

Once the first hero died, he can be revived.
But once the first hero died, and never been revived, and next the second hero died, only the first one can be resurrected.

I think there might be something wrong to my script, as there is only one record for dying_unit.
But my question is, how can I add more record for dying_unit?

Or, I can have a better script? How? Have crawled over the whole forum, but those tried cannot be worked.

igor1222

Reaction score
Here it is:
Script.jpg

Just click it.
The highlighted function is just an optional one you can do. Basically its a Text Message telling all players, what this player died to.
This function will revive heroes at a special Region, for infinite unless you make a trigger stopping it after x seconds of time.

yap9988

Reaction score
Here it is:
View attachment 28839

Just click it.
The highlighted function is just an optional one you can do. Basically its a Text Message telling all players, what this player died to.
This function will revive heroes at a special Region, for infinite unless you make a trigger stopping it after x seconds of time.

Looks like you have been misunderstanding.
I mean, I want a skill, nor Ankh, nor auto revive.

EDIT: Right now I have a question, if I set the genenic unit to specific player, and settle their hero which died to different Array in Dying_Units, is that possible?

ludnica

Long gone
Reaction score
>Looks like you have been misunderstanding.
I mean, I want a skill, nor Ankh, nor auto revive.

Can't you use Paladin's Resurrect ability? Just add "Hero" to targets allowed.

istar

Reaction score
corpse? i think you can select a corpse model to be a special effect?
but i think you would want a hero-ghost while dying model, i have no idea when to access that...hmm....

lindenkron

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
This has been discussed many times.

Try use search.

The result is, even if you get the hero set for "Does not Decay" etc, you can't make it's corps used for ressurection.

There are some ideas on how you can make ressurection, I used it in my map.

something about a unit dying, you ress it, set hp to 1, make it invurnelrable and when someone cast an ability on the target, you set its up to 100% play its raise animation and something like that.

SEARCH! it's here somewhere :)

yap9988

Reaction score
corpse? i think you can select a corpse model to be a special effect?
but i think you would want a hero-ghost while dying model, i have no idea when to access that...hmm....

Nope, I don't want.
I want a simple corpse, lying on the land, like the ordinary one.
But I don't know how to make it, since all of them are heroes.
:eek:

yap9988

Reaction score
This has been discussed many times.

Try use search.

The result is, even if you get the hero set for "Does not Decay" etc, you can't make it's corps used for ressurection.

There are some ideas on how you can make ressurection, I used it in my map.

something about a unit dying, you ress it, set hp to 1, make it invurnelrable and when someone cast an ability on the target, you set its up to 100% play its raise animation and something like that.

SEARCH! it's here somewhere :)

Sorry for double posts.
I did a lot of search based on this topic.
But those solutions couldn't give me any impression.
Your idea is nice, I will learn from it. Thank you.:)

istar

Reaction score
easiest GUI way, create dummy unit in its position and kill so it leaves a corpse....

Never_Quit

Reaction score
Hi there, I am yap, and this is the first time I make a post as I couldn't find any solutions for my problem after having searches on the forum

Well, for my map, I have a Priest who knows resurrections, and he is the one who can cast Resurrection, to resurrect the hero back to the battlefield.

And today, I found some material which can help me, as below.
But, there may be 2 or MORE hero died.
I have tried, when there is 2 or more hero died, only the one which is firstly died can be revived?

Any solutions for my problems? Please.
Thanks for reading

Trigger:
  • Hero Dies
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Dying unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set Dying_Units[0] = (Dying unit)

Trigger:
  • Resurrection
    • Events
      • Units - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Resurrection
    • Actions
      • Hero - Instantly revive Dying_Units[0] at (Center of Revive Regiong <gen>), Show revival graphics

you will need to do a loop and an array

say that a unit dies and is a revivable hero

set unit[(PLAYER NUMBER[INDEX OF TRIGGERING PLAYER])

then on your revive code, say

for each integer A 1-12

instantly revive [INTEGER A]

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.