Hero Dynamics and website released!

unju

Reaction score
Hero Dynamics is 1v1 mod which strives for excellent gameplay. It is unique, fast-paced, indepth. Lends itself well to ruthless 1v1 competition.

Check the website at: (including latest version, 1.05, already with a loading screen!)
http://hero-dynamics.com/ (open it with Mozilla firefox)

Main Features

-> Fast-paced gameplay combined with great depth.
-> Heroes that can be played in a variety of ways.
-> Specialities to further differentiate heroes mid-game.
-> Creatures that can go up in rank and rival heroes.
-> Dynamic conversion-based system for controlling most buildings.
-> Dozens of items: some of them have a greater effect on creatures!
-> Charisma: a new attribute for heroes.
-> Almost endless ways to approach the game.

Quotes

"Very impressive. I could see this game becoming a fast favourite of mine."
"The only mod I have seen with the potential to rival DotA competitively."
"Gave this game a try today and I must say I am pumped."

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
I liked that map' s concept. Though what for these short main resource descriptions stand for ? I played in single player to just get quick overview. Why are you using for hero selection chat input ? Also for each hero there were load of not so useful info. Tooltips were too complicated for starter like me. Had to read each about ~2 minutes to get what they will do. All of them could be simplified so you can quickly look at them and use.
"Converting buildings" ability wasn' t explained not at all. I thought I can convert my own buildings to better buildings, etc. Though I never tried it on my own building. Used it where it had meant to be used - on neutral building.
Looks promising map though for more popularity tooltips should be more clearer and simpler. For example Blizzard Extreme Candy Wars 2006? uses easy hero selection method where most people can make difference on it' s good sides and bad sides.

unju

Reaction score
Yes, but what is this map about? Where's the story?
It´s not a campaign or rpg map. It´s more geared towards competitiveness, and I think a story isn´t needed there. I have played melee wc3 for years and never ever touched the campaign.

Thanks for trying it. :)

Sooda: glad you like it. The map and the hero system is a bit complex, that´s partially why I made a website for it. I personally see no problem with the hero selection by chat. It´s just that heroes are mroe complex than usual (as well as some abilities) so it seems unclear.

I however agree on you that Convert Building could use tooltips. I´ll get to work on that now!
Thanks a lot for the input.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
That reminded me ability on neutral building which is in middle of the map. It has some kind of a repair ability. It can be used also when building is at full health. It is pretty expensive so maybe allow to repair only when building is damaged.
I have to play that map more. From strategy point of view it is useful to know how much something does damage or heals. Good luck with your map. I will occasionally check map progress if I find time.

Mr.Tutorial

Hard in the Paint.
Reaction score
Yes, but having a story can make your map a bit closer to perfect. Also, you should probably make it for more amounts of players; 1 v 1? When you enter your game people want to play the game, most people don't have enough patience to read all about what to do, like sooda said, it could be easily shortened and sweetened.

unju

Reaction score
What can I say? Do you think I´d spend a year on a map and learn how to make websites AND make a website...to make a simple game?

The game is complex and I am proud of that. If people aren´t willing to put some effort to learn it then too bad. Nice try on my part and let´s all move on.

Mr.Tutorial

Hard in the Paint.
Reaction score
It's not that it's a bad game man, it still needs some work, and most maps do need touching up even when you think they are finished, we aren't trying to bring you down, it's called Educational Criticism.

unju

Reaction score
Version 1.05 is out with quite a few changes and the much desired loading screen and banner!

Download the new version (1.05) here.

For info on the patch notes, forums, and rest of game info, visit: http://hero-dynamics.com/ (open with firefox)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.