Hero Idea thread.

kirinelf

Reaction score
Name: Fallen Angel
Proper Name: Kurai
Model File: Illidian (Evil)
Primary Attribute: Strength
Spells: Dragon Call, Yamiton: Kage Taihou, Bankai: Tenshibane, Dracon Requiem (Ultimate)

Spell Name: Dragon Call
Mana Cost: 70, 100, 130, 160, 190
Effect: Summons a Black Dragon to hover above him, bathing an AoE before him in flames. The AoE and damage done increases with the level of the skill.

Spell Name: Yamiton: Kage Taihou (Darkness Style: Great Shadow Cannon)
Mana Cost: 100, 150, 200, 250, 300
Effect: Fires a huge beam of dark energy before him that lasts 3 seconds. The beam's damage, range and width increases with level. At levels 3, 4 and 5, he is able to turn, albeit slowly while firing the beam, effectively making a sweeping beam.

Spell Name: Bankai: Tenshibane (Final Release: Angel Feather)
Mana Cost: 300, 330, 360, 390, 420
Effect: Releases the power of one of his swords. Gets a 5000 HP bonus, x3 HP Regeneration rate, 1000 damage bonus and 150 armor bonus.

Spell Name: Dracon Requiem
Mana Cost: 500 (Fixed for three levels)
Effect: Creates a heart shaped symbol on the ground. The lines of the heart flare up, then the entire area explodes in black flame. Each level increases damage and AoE. (Lines would be black versions of the Pentagram spell we have somewhere in the Spell Index)

He's supposed to be rather overpowered, but with huge mana costs. Scale anything you want up or down.

imakunee

Reaction score
Name: Aspect of Madness
Proper Names: Kishino Kurazi
Model File: Draenei Darkslayer
Primary Attribute: Agility
Secondary Attribute: Strength
Attack Range: Melee
Base Damage: Medium-MediumHigh

Visions of Death
(Active, single target)
Kishino can cause a person to see themselves dying at his hands. The pure terror of the moment paralyzes them in fear and the pain is so real it's as if it really happened.

Mana Cost: 80-100-120-140
Damage: 75 - 150 - 225 - 300
Cooldown : 12 seconds

Functionality
Effect duration should last about 3 seconds and is instant cast so Kishino can still move around. It should make the affected unit invulnerable as the animation plays. This is effective as a 3 second stun but prettier.
The effect itself should look as follows:
A copy of Kishino appears in front of the targeted unit. Targeted unit lifts into the air. Play Kishino's attack animation and the targeted unit explodes into gore. Then the copy of Kishino disappears and the actual targeted unit reappears where the animation was.

Infectious Madness
(Passive, area-of-effect)
The mere presence of Kishino slowly causes enemies to lose their minds. They sometimes see apparitions of Kishino from time to time that are attacking them. Others momentarily lose control of themselves and lash out at allies believing them to be enemies.

% Chance per Second for Apparition: 5 - 7 - 9 - 11
Apparition Damage: 20 - 40 - 60 - 80
% Chance per Second to Attack Ally: 3 - 5 - 7 - 9

Functionality
If a unit sees an apparition then an off-color copy of Kishino that is invulnerable appears at a random location 100 distance away from the affected unit. The copy moves at a speed that the enemy unit shouldn't be able to beat or it teleports up to the enemy unit and attacks. Whatever you want.

Painless
(Passive)
Part of Kishino's insanity is that he says he understands that pain is irrelevant. In his own words, "I discarded pain long ago. Pointless bodily function! I CAN TELL WHEN MY ARM IS GONE!" Thus some attacks against Kishino have no effect.

% Chance to Avoid Damage: 5 - 8 - 11 - 15

Functionality
This isn't supposed to be considered evasion but should work like evasion. So if you could prevent any Miss! texts from appearing that would be cool. Maybe even change them to enemy units saying, "He feels no pain!", "Can't stop him!", and the such.

Pure Insanity
(Active, no target, Ultimate)
Kishino can completely lose all sanity and logical thinking for a while. He gains incredible speed and damage and all living creatures throughout the world can feel his madness. Lasts 15 seconds.

Mana Cost: 200 - 250 - 300
Attack Speed % Increase: 50 - 100 - 150
Move Speed % Increase: 60 - 120 - 180
Damage Increase: 20 - 40 - 60
Painless % Increase: 10 - 20 - 30
Infectious Madness % Increases: 5 - 10 - 15
Cooldown: 3 minutes - 2 minutes 30 seconds - 2 minutes

Functionality
While active, the player may not choose who Kishino attacks or what he does. A trigger will automatically choose a random nearby enemy and either cast Visions of Death on it or teleport Kishino up to that unit. Kishino will then attack it for 3 seconds or until it dies before switching to another nearby enemy.
Also, while this effect is active the range of Infectious Madness increases to map-wide.
Despite the fact that Kishino will teleport to nearby enemies I added move speed increase because if there are no nearby enemies then Kishino isn't gonna just teleport across the map to the nearest one (unless you want that to happen, in which case I would suggest nearest visible enemy). So the player can then move Kishino around.

I also thought it would be cool if you added glowing red eyes to the model. :D

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
Name: Mud Golem
Proper Name: Bouldrus
Model File: Mud Golem
Attack Range: 100
Attributes:
Strength = High
Agility = Low
Intelligence = Medium
Skills: Mudpool, Avalanche, Granite Core, Boulder Rain

Mudpool (Active, no target)
Bouldrus uses his muddy powers to turn the ground in a 400 radius around him in mud. This slows all enemies inside it as well as it allows Bouldrus to gradually absorb some mud and regenerate himself. The mudpool lasts for an undefined amount of time, though is removed when the skill is reused somewhere else.

Level 1 - Slows for 5%. +2hp regeneration.
Level 2 - Slows for 10%. +4hp regeneration.
Level 3 - Slows for 15%. +6hp regeneration.
Level 4 - Slows for 20%. +8hp regeneration.

Manacost: 105/120/135/150 mana
Cooldown: 35/31/27/23 seconds
Casting Time: Instant/instant/instant/instant

Avalanche (Active, target point)
Bouldrus disassembles his body into various chunks of mud and rock as he rushes towards the target point in the form of an avalanche. Every enemy that crosses his path is damaged and stunned for 2 seconds.

Level 1 - 90 damage.
Level 2 - 140 damage.
Level 3 - 190 damage.
Level 4 - 240 damage.

Manacost: 90/105/120/135 mana
Cooldown: 26/24/22/20 seconds
Casting Time: Instant/instant/instant/instant
Casting Range: 400/400/400/400

Granite Core (Passive)
Despite being the mud golem, Bouldrus has a core of solid granite. This increases his striking damage and reduces the damage he takes.

Level 1 - +5 base damage, +10 damage to Avalanche, and +5 damage per second to Boulder Rain. Reduces incoming damage by 6.
Level 2 - +10 base damage, +25 damage to Avalanche, and +10 damage per second to Boulder Rain. Reduces incoming damage by 8.
Level 3 - +15 base damage, +40 damage to Avalanche, and +15 damage per second to Boulder Rain. Reduces incoming damage by 10.
Level 4 - +20 base damage, +55 damage to Avalanche, and +20 damage per second to Boulder Rain. Reduces incoming damage by 12.

Boulder Rain (Active, channeling, no target)
Bouldrus disassembles his body into seperate boulders and lodges these at opponents within 350 range, damaging them and stunning them with a short interval. This goes at the cost of his own body however, draining 3% of his maximum health per second. Can channel for up to 5 seconds.

Level 1 - Deals 50 damage per second and stuns for 0.1 second every second.
Level 2 - Deals 100 damage per second and stuns for 0.2 second every second.
Level 3 - Deals 150 damage per second and stuns for 0.3 second every second.

Manacost: 230/260/290 mana
Cooldown: 110/100/90 seconds
Casting Time: 2/1.5/1

Furby

Current occupation: News poster
Reaction score
Name: Puppeteer
Proper Name: Gioni
Model File: Troll Voodoo Hunter
Attack Range: 500
Attributes:
Strength = low
Agility = medium
Intelligence = high
Skills: Puppet Play, Puppetize, Ventriloquism, Voodoo Doll

Wow.. you're coping "Puppet Master" from Heroes of Newerth.. and don't tell me you aren't..

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
Wow.. you're coping "Puppet Master" from Heroes of Newerth.. and don't tell me you aren't..

Yup, I did make this suggestion right after playing HONs puppet master. Since youre familiar with Puppet Master however, youve probably seen the subtle and less-subtle differences between that puppeteer and mine. His skills show striking resemblances (I made him to resemble puppet master, after all), but the tactics behind my puppet master are completely different. Mine uses Puppetize to make minions he can benefit with Puppet Play. He uses his puppets as a cover (by Ventriloquism) and closes in on enemies as he attacks them. He then uses Voodoo Doll which he can use from a distance to both slow as well as silence his target to prevent him from getting away. You have played HONs Puppet Master. You know that is not how he works.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.