Hero Ideas For ORPG?

jhnam95

Reaction score
what would b hard to make?
the skin or the abilities?
If it's the abilities, i can help you
If it's the skin, i can't do nothing unless i get help...

jhnam95

Reaction score
You asked for my help so...

I'll start w/ the dragon.

Dragon

Flite: Flies up high (needs trigger) and then swoops down (trigger again) and grab the unit. If you want, you can make it so that you can move w/ it. (Like in dota, pudge's ult.)

WingStryke: Charges at an area (nice and simple).

Cry of the Dragon (ULT): On death, boosts all attributes by (1-5) amount. Gives actra speed, dmg, etc. on nearby units and the opposite on enemies. Also, summons a few dragons. (This spell will be passive until death. Kinda like Reincarnation)

Archmage

Freeze time: Slows down enemies and speeds up allies. This is targeting an enemy. (Preferably a hero) and slows that unit down even more and speeds you up more.

Ice Age: (Base on Stampede) Like a sea of ice. I can't think of a good projectile. (or i'm too lazy to.)

Cleric

Immunity: Aura that gives armor bonus (and if possible, spell immunity)

Sacrifice: Sacrifices his/her own life and gives that much (or more) to a selected area (one unit seems kind of a waste)

Conversion: Drains injuries (by that i mean buffs. base it on the undead destroyer's thing) from allies and gives mana and health to the cleric

Redemption: (Base it off the avatar of vengeance thing) Any dead nearby units are revived into a X unit (this is y it's not revive)

jhnam95

Reaction score
i'm still fairly young
ppl around my age still hab an active imagination
whether they admit it or not
;)

I could help give you ideas and stuff.
I don't have time to make my own map but sometimes spare minutes here and there.
I hab hw and chores and etc.

Like i said, i'm young.

Just give me the hero name and wut u basically want it to be
I'll give you suggestions for the spells, and to make it easier for you, the basics to make that spell.

Just one thing tho, let me b one of the first to play the games (or test w/e works)

A

acuben

well i dunno if you still need hero ideas, but here it goes :p

How about some elemental focused, hybrid type mage?

For. e.g. If it's Ice type hero. This hero would have something like Healing Drop, Frost Armor(for buff), Ice Bolt, Blizzard, Ice elemental summon, Cold touch(slow debuff)

and Some kinda support hero, effect hero, and a blacksmith hero that can craft items? :p

By Support heroes, I meant buffers. Frost Armor, Haste(Bloodlust), shield (innerfire), regen(im sure there are many skill you can use for this one), Powerup (roar or something), devotion aura, etc.

And Effect hero...
Invisibility, Banish (you probably can increse the effect of banish under the game constants), Image replication (item version), Silence, Magic Immunity

and Blacksmith hero that makes better items on higher levels :p

and I was also thinking of Melee + range Hybrid.
By using morph ability, you can have one hero fighting in either melee or ranged, depending on the situation.

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
Perhaps a hero that is specialized in fighting, and less in spells.
Like a hero that can channel mana into his feet to increase run speed, into his hands to increase attack speed, or into his chest to create an increased armor made of mana (mana shield, hint, hint) , but has no spells.

The only thing he can do it channel mana into various bodyparts for various effects, exept for his ulti. His ulti should be a spell that is good for combat heroes, like some kind of mana explosion warstomp, or some kind of mana beam shockwave.

I know it sounds a little.....odd, but at least its original, right? :D

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
A strength hero. The warrior priest.
Abilities: Purge the inpure, Crush the weak, Divine Protection, Zealotry faith.
Purge the impure: Deals bonus damage on the evil beings (undead, demons and such, whatever evils you have in your map)
Crush the weak: Sends a crushing blow upon an enemy. If the enemy has under an amount of hp, it will deal high extra damage.
Divine Protection: When activated, the target will recieve a great amount of extra armor.
Zealotry Faith: When the warrior priest dies, it will stand up and fight with avenging wrath one last time. He become invurnable for an amount of seconds. when the time ends, he dies.

History: The warrior priest lives in the great monastery high in empty harsh places, such as mountains or in deep forests. Their Zealotry faith in their great gods is their highest priority. Nothing can stop them, and they obey their gods whatever they want them to do. They and their god hates the weak. It said that they can sense weakness in a foes soul. Warrior priests are ferious fighters and those who doesnt follow their belivies are wrong people. The warrior priests have strict rules, such as it's forbidden to love someone, then you are no true warrior, and you will die. If you wish to join these zealotry warriors, you have to past the so called month test. You have to travel to the greatest mountain in the world. You have to reach the top which is almost impossible. Then on the way down, you have to slay a great mountain bear, the most dangerous animal in the known world. Then you have to carry his pelt back to the monasteries.

This is an old hero of mine I never completed, use it if you'd like.

jhnam95

Reaction score
A strength hero. The warrior priest.
Abilities: Purge the inpure, Crush the weak, Divine Protection, Zealotry faith.
Purge the impure: Deals bonus damage on the evil beings (undead, demons and such, whatever evils you have in your map)
Crush the weak: Sends a crushing blow upon an enemy. If the enemy has under an amount of hp, it will deal high extra damage.
Divine Protection: When activated, the target will recieve a great amount of extra armor.
Zealotry Faith: When the warrior priest dies, it will stand up and fight with avenging wrath one last time. He become invurnable for an amount of seconds. when the time ends, he dies.
QUOTE]

How about just calling the spells like this:
Purge, Crush, Faith

And wut happened to the divine protection?

ArmedCitizen

Kisses Cats
Reaction score
Why not go for the strange and unused?

Name: Forsaken Marshmallow
Main Attribute: Strength
Spells: Absorb - For X seconds all physical damage done to the Forsaken Marshmallow is absorbed into his fluffy goodness and the attacker is stunned for X seconds.

Melt - The Forsaken Marshmallow is left out in the sun. The effect of which makes everyone who walks through him slow down from his gooey puddle body for X seconds.

Shrink - The Forsaken Marshmallow was left in an opened back. He is now hard and small which makes him hard to hit. He has increased armor and health for X seconds.

Roll - The Forsaken Marshmallow rules over his enemies in a mass of sticky fluffy sugar. Everyone in his way is sucked up with him and is damaged in the process.

Not the best abilities but at least it isn't just another average hero, and I think they would be easy to make. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.