Hero Problem

Akatsuki

Reaction score
Hello. I'm having trouble on make a hero. I want a hero kind of like a RPG. A hero that levels up and you can buy tomes to make it have more strengh, agility, or intellience, depending on the spells they learned. I didn't know how to remove the primary attubute but I removed the extra attack damage for more points in the primary attubute so that's ok on that.

The problem is I want a hero to learn more then 5 spells but I don't know how to do that. Can someone help me on this? If you need a more detailed description look at the paragraph below.

The problem with this is I want the hero to have a lot of spells it can learn but the person much decide what spells to use. Hopefully people will pick them depending on their attubute. But I found out that you can only let a hero learn up to 5 spells. And I really need the hero to learn more then that. I was thinking of added shops with spells you can buy with lumber, because I'm not going to use lumber for anything else, but that would take a lot of space. So can anyone direct me with an idea that might help me with the problem.

Please tell me if there is anymore information I can give to make it easier or more clear. I'm not sure if someone asked this question before but I had a hard time thinking on what to search for.

1337D00D

Are you able to add the extra abilities to the hero via triggers?

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
i think that a spellbook with 3 spells inside it (one for str, agi, and int) would work, is that what your looking for?

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
As A Tip

I don't think it is possible to Remove the Primary Attribute..its hard coded into warcraft

BlackNerubia

Reaction score
Alright First off, Heros Can have up to Seven Ability's, You have to add them via triggers or have them line up so upon getting the 7th ability, its the last one the hero will ever get. Anyways the main attribute as far as i know cannot be removed, but you can make it so that it does nothing out of the ordinary such as extra Damage or effects to that sort. As for spells effected by attributes, the only visible effects you can do w/o triggers are, Health, Mana, Speed, and Damage. Otherwise your going to have to make all of your ability's triggers to take in account the stats that effect them

Akatsuki

Reaction score
I know. But I made it do nothing so it really doesn't matter.

But what I mean is like a normal hero I want them to learn 4 or 5 spells. More if I can't stop them from doing that. But I'm only allowed to add up to 5 spells per hero. I only want one hero that can learn a lot of spells. But the more I thought about it. I know know that even just the 11 spells would not be enough. So it's a very complicated matter. Or at least for me. I also thought about adding dialogs to learn spells in a tree like fasion. But that would be very complicated. I also thought about adding shops that sells spells. But that would be hard because of the type of map it is. I really want to use those last two as a last resort if there is no easier way to do it. Sorry that I didn't put that in the first post but after rereading what I wrote it made me get more ideas. But they still are a little complicated and don't want to use them unless there is no easier way.

Edit: Also when I mean spells by attubute I mean like if you want a spell caster you could get strong spells. But they take lots of mana which you would need a lot of intelligence to use.

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
Alright First off, Heros Can have up to Seven Ability's, You have to add them via triggers or have them line up so upon getting the 7th ability, its the last one the hero will ever get. Anyways the main attribute as far as i know cannot be removed, but you can make it so that it does nothing out of the ordinary such as extra Damage or effects to that sort. As for spells effected by attributes, the only visible effects you can do w/o triggers are, Health, Mana, Speed, and Damage. Otherwise your going to have to make all of your ability's triggers to take in account the stats that effect them

Heros can actually have an unlimited amount of abilities..you just need to make a system and use spell book...that is all...now depending on the matter...it is easy or hard

Edit: Also when I mean spells by attubute I mean like if you want a spell caster you could get strong spells. But they take lots of mana which you would need a lot of intelligence to use.

So basically you want someone to help you with a system that allows this to happen?

Some Questions...

Will heros auto learn spells by level?
Do they buy them from shops? Like tomes?

Akatsuki

Reaction score
I would really like for them to learn the spells like normal heros but I know that it's impossible. Unless I can make a dialog period for people to pick their spells in the beginning. But I don't know if I can do that. Then learn them like normal heroes. So yes I want help with a system to do this. But right now I'm not really sure how I'm going to do this. So it's hard to make a system when you don't know exactly how you're going to do it.

Akatsuki

Reaction score
Naw. Thanks but because there are no other suggestions I think I will use a dialog system. Maybe I should also prevent others from attacking during this period.

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
Naw. Thanks but because there are no other suggestions I think I will use a dialog system. Maybe I should also prevent others from attacking during this period.

To do that give them invulnerability

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.