System Hero Selection With Arrow Keys

Reaction score
Yea its been done before... alot but it was for my clan . but what you do is you use the arrow keys to select through heroes. then press escape to pick the current hero.

Ive made it noob friendly so the only thing you have to do is create cameras and set the varaibles in 1 trigger.

Attachments

• 187 Selection System.zip
    17.5 KB · Views: 189

XxShadyxX

I abused the rep system.
Reaction score
Lol this is a easy trigger to do lol but GJ! Hey I might use this in my map.... instead of making a area where the players choose i can use this! Here is +rep to you for this idea for me!! now 1 question.... I want to make it where no1 can have the same hero... also they all have the choices in front of them but it changes if som1 selects the hero... becuase I dont want everyone waiting in line... unless yours is like this then woot!

Reaction score
make a boolean varaible and do this

Code:
Pick Hero
    Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red) skips a cinematic sequence
        Player - Player 2 (Blue) skips a cinematic sequence
        Player - Player 3 (Teal) skips a cinematic sequence
        Player - Player 4 (Purple) skips a cinematic sequence
    Conditions
        Selecting[(Player number of (Triggering player))] Equal to True
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                PickedAlready[CurrentView[(Player number of (Triggering player))]] Equal to False
            Then - Actions
                Set Selecting[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = False
                Set PickedAlready[CurrentView[(Player number of (Triggering player))]] = True
                Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of Heroes[CurrentView[(Player number of (Triggering player))]]) for (Triggering player) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees
                Camera - Apply Camera 004 <gen> for (Triggering player) over 0.00 seconds
                Camera - Pan camera for (Triggering player) to (Position of (Last created unit)) over 0.00 seconds
            Else - Actions
                Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the text: Some one has alread...

XxShadyxX

I abused the rep system.
Reaction score
ok that works! but what about 1 thing for each player? like at each base a hero pops up and if that player pushes te right arrow key then it only changes the hero for them not everyone else..

Reaction score
you mean you dont want the player to view the heroes he cant pick?

EDIT : oh . everyone can view the heroes and select at the same time .

XxShadyxX

I abused the rep system.
Reaction score
yes... thats what i mean sorry... you think you can show me how to do this? I have an Idea how but i dont want to try it becuase it would require alot of time and im not even sure it will work...

Reaction score
yea hold on.

EDIT : Ok done.. to test that it works just type -new select a hero then type -new again. u wont be able 2 view him

XxShadyxX

I abused the rep system.
Reaction score
WAIT! i just got a great idea for this type of trigger.. instead of having to place each hero you can when you push the left or right arrow it "replace" the current hero with the next hero! this would save lots of room!!! what do you think?

Reaction score
Good idea. i could make that version 2morrow. or ill do it now :) i gtg 2 bed after.

EDIT : actaully it wouldnt . i would need to create 11 different areas where players select their hero. cause it would hide the hero from everyone else also

EDIT 2 : im going 2 bed... ill be on in about 15 hours. :)

Giantpanda

Reaction score
Whenever i play your map and choose a hero, even after i've chosen it the text down the bottom left still says 'Press escape to choose x'. When i move the camera around it will change what hero too? I'm a bit noob so just wondering how to fix it. Other than that great work + rep.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.