Hey, I'm new and got some questions

Chernobog

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I have just found out about this forum cause I was looking for some answers about the World Editor. I have used the World Editor before for some small stuff, like increasing the amount of gold in the gold mine that that noobish small things. Just recently I have started actually to do something more then that.
This brings us to my question.

I was always wondering, when add a building/unit/hero from the "Camping", the computer that plays that player won't use them. How can I change that? Can I change that at all?

Thanks and sorry for the question...I'm new in this :)

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
You mean the campaign? The only way to change it would be to create your own AI, or replace some units with campaign units.

Chernobog

Reaction score
Well, I managed to change the models of the units and heroes but the remaining problem are their skills witch the computer won't use.

Btw, how do I create my own AI (whatever that is o_O)

Tnx again :)

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
AI is artificial intelligence, a computer controlled player in this case. You can make your own AI using triggers, or use the default one in melee maps.

Sajin

User title under construction.
Reaction score
If you have The Frozen Throne open up the game Monolith and look at its trigger, it has a custom built AI just for that game :)

Chernobog

Reaction score
When I want a difference in my gaming, i change the model of the unit/hero/building only, because the computer won't use them if I change the whole melee unit with a campaign one. And when I change the model, I want to change the skills as well, but that, the comp won't use at all. Is there any way to avoid that without creating a new AI? Is there a way to tell the computer to use that unit/skill as it would use the Footman?

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
When I want a difference in my gaming, i change the model of the unit/hero/building only, because the computer won't use them if I change the whole melee unit with a campaign one. And when I change the model, I want to change the skills as well, but that, the comp won't use at all. Is there any way to avoid that without creating a new AI? Is there a way to tell the computer to use that unit/skill as it would use the Footman?

For the spells; no. The AI will ONLY use the original spells, units and buildings.

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
Maybe the default active ability will do the trick, haven't tried it though.

Chernobog

Reaction score
I just saw that in the AI for the heroes the skills are set up in order that they will be used. Even if i change there some skills like the Crypt Lord's Impale and instead of that use the Archimonde's Dark Portal, it won't work?

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
I just saw that in the AI for the heroes the skills are set up in order that they will be used. Even if i change there some skills like the Crypt Lord's Impale and instead of that use the Archimonde's Dark Portal, it won't work?

That could work, have you tried it?

Chernobog

Reaction score
It seems that in that section I can only change the order of the skills that the AI will use and the chances witch Hero it will pick. Only if I would edit the Hero's ability the way I want it to look (Effect, range, area of effect, and what I'll get when i use that skill). I can't think of any other way.

Now, what about the units? I want that the computer uses the units from the Campaign and the Neutral Hostile ones. How do I do that?

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
It seems that in that section I can only change the order of the skills that the AI will use and the chances witch Hero it will pick. Only if I would edit the Hero's ability the way I want it to look (Effect, range, area of effect, and what I'll get when i use that skill). I can't think of any other way.

Now, what about the units? I want that the computer uses the units from the Campaign and the Neutral Hostile ones. How do I do that?

I think the only way is to replace the other units.

Chernobog

Reaction score
All of the AI creation, GUI, JASS and who knows what else to create your custom new units and spells, that all is something like SQL?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.