Hi all! +spell issue

Freespace03

Reaction score
Hi all, I've just signed in, yet I've already got a question about how to create a spell for a Hero I'm creating.:D Here goes:
The Hero is called "Blood Ranger", and looks like a Blood Elven version of the Dark Ranger.
The spell I want to create is something like "Volley" from wow. (If you're into that)

Description:
The Blood Ranger fires multiple (A shitload, really ;) ) arrows into the air,
damaging enemy units in the AoE, slowing their movement speed and causing them to bleed for x hp each second for y seconds.

So it's basically an instant cast AoE with a following DoT which shouldn't be hard to create, but unfortunately it's not as simple as changing the effect in Flame Strike/Blizzard and adding the Slow effect/DoT, as there's no arrows falling violently from the sky as an effect made by Blizz^^ So I was wondering, should I make a "dummy" unit with barrage shooting from the top of the targeted group of units, or what? :) I'm a triggerer only, and a crappy one, too, so I would really appreciate your help and am looking foward to become a part of this community!

Lord

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
The ranger u use has a good spell animation for that spell tho... :F
Well simply create a custom rain of fire spell, change the fireballs to arrows + create a trig with dummy units who cast slow spell on who has the buff of rain of fire.
Simple.

Freespace03

Reaction score
As said, it's not that easy, as the normal Rain of Fire effect is a falling meteor. The arrow which is intended to be used as a missile is not moving by itself as an animation. So when I change the effect in Rain of Fire to arrows they simply lie on the ground with a lot of sfx. :)

M

Makaze

Try basing it off cluster rockets and creating a dummy caster which damages all the units within the area and cast the slow effect.

Freespace03

Reaction score
The arrows doesn't fire simultaneously if I use cluster rockets, which isn't what I'm looking for. Forgot to tell that I've tried Cluster Rockets, but thanks anyway. ;)

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
I've seen that once in DoTA Extreme.... anyway, you can use phoenix fire, but I think its not what you're looking for.. Just a suggestion.

L

LegACy99

I think I've seen a DoTA Sniper's Scatter Shot skill somewhere in this forum. it might help you (he shots a flare animation, then there's these bombs falling on the ground)

THE_X

Reaction score
use the cluster rockets then create a dummy unit and order it to thunderclap with no dammage and just the slow the same area.

worldofDeath

Reaction score
use the cluster rockets then create a dummy unit and order it to thunderclap with no dammage and just the slow the same area.

That will not work at all. Do the scatter shot thing look for it in foarms you. Can base it off of arrows the should help. Or do it where your creat dummys that attack(with arrows) in the area.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.