Hi, Shooting Help

Robotexual

Reaction score
Hey, how can I make it so that if a player presses the X button, his hero shoots out a bullet (and of course if it hits someone it hurts them)?

Jazradel

Helping people do more by doing less.
Reaction score
What direction does he shoot the bullet in?
How much damage does the bullet do?
Does it have any special abilitys(crits, bash)?
Anything else?

Robotexual

Reaction score
Jazradel said:
What direction does he shoot the bullet in?
How much damage does the bullet do?
Does it have any special abilitys(crits, bash)?
Anything else?
I want him to shoot in the direction hes facing,
One damage per level (if possible, if not, just 1),
No,
No.
Thank you.

Robotexual

Reaction score
Also sorry to double-post, but I had an error on what i was trying to say. Sorry about this :(

D

dArKzEr0

Try using a spell that doesnt require a target (such as fan of knives or stomp) and set all of the values to 0. Then create a dummy unit who casts breath of fire in the direction of where the unit is facing, and set the area of effect for breath of fire to 50. Change the animation for it, and set the original spell's hotkey to X.
Cheers
dArKz

Robotexual

Reaction score
dArKzEr0 said:
Try using a spell that doesnt require a target (such as fan of knives or stomp) and set all of the values to 0. Then create a dummy unit who casts breath of fire in the direction of where the unit is facing, and set the area of effect for breath of fire to 50. Change the animation for it, and set the original spell's hotkey to X.
Cheers
dArKz
Thanks! I was stuck on this problem for a while, so I'll give you credit for my map :D TY again!

Jazradel

Helping people do more by doing less.
Reaction score
Probably shouldn't use Breath of Fire because of problems with Drunken Haze. Stormbolt with stun the target so im not sure what you could use. Shockwave or Breath of Frost maybe.

D

dArKzEr0

If you set damage over time to 0, drunken haze won't have an effect on breath of fire.

D

dArKzEr0

I made a demo-map of the spell if you want it or are having trouble creating it yourself. (Sorry, I'm a bit bored :rolleyes:) Edit the spell as you wish, and I warn you it isn't perfect, but it's a start I guess.

Attachments

• ShootUsingX.w3x
    18.5 KB · Views: 164

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
I think you need to make a dummy ability (is that the right word) with a hotkey 'x' that is called 'Fire!' or 'Shoot!' or something, then when it's cast, create a dummy caster at the position of the unit and order it to cast something (maybe breath of fire) with no projectile art (or the rifleman projectile art, or a custom bullet model or something) and order the dummy caster to cast the ability in the direction the casting unit is facing.

Edit:

Sorry just read dArKzEr0's post and this is practically the same thing. :eek:

Robotexual

Reaction score
dArKzEr0 said:
I made a demo-map of the spell if you want it or are having trouble creating it yourself. (Sorry, I'm a bit bored :rolleyes:) Edit the spell as you wish, and I warn you it isn't perfect, but it's a start I guess.
Thanks. I was having problems... whenever I pressed x, it would show him shoot out fan of knives. Lol, thanks. :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.