Hiding icon of ability in GUI

unju

Reaction score
Hello all, I am making this Battle Mage hero with a Caster/Combat Mode ability based off immolation.
When the hero is in combat mode, it does bonus damage but loses mana per second.
When the hero is in caster mode, it has lvl 1 brilliance aura.

It works perfectly fine, but the problem is that I don´t want the brilliance aura icon to show in the GUI as an ability. Is there a way??

Thanks for the help!!

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
There are certain abilities that do not show anything in the GUI, but I don't know if any of these would work for what you're trying to do. Such an ability is the item armor bonus ability like on rings of protection. You could play around with triggers and such to see if this helps.

unju

Reaction score
I could simulate the aura with triggers, that´d work, but it wouldn´t show the brilliance aura graphics on the hero -the blue circles.

Maybe combining your idea Ghan with the Brilliance aura graphics in "Art - Target" with the item armor bonus ability.

PS: wtf IT WORKS! this should go into a tutorial or sumthing. Now I only have to simulate the aura effect with triggers arggh

0zaru

Learning vJASS ;)
Reaction score
I could simulate the aura with triggers, that´d work, but it wouldn´t show the brilliance aura graphics on the hero -the blue circles.

Maybe combining your idea Ghan with the Brilliance aura graphics in "Art - Target" with the item armor bonus ability.

PS: wtf IT WORKS! this should go into a tutorial or sumthing. Now I only have to simulate the aura effect with triggers arggh

Hmm put it in a spellbook and giving it to the hero ?

unju

Reaction score
Hmm put it in a spellbook and giving it to the hero ?
The spellbook would require a one place in GUI, I think. I just need all of the 6 places.

But it works already so it´s ok...thanks Ghan!

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.