How can I "replace" a hero's skill?

ramodkk

Reaction score
Hey guys, I made this hero who has a spell (let's call it Inner Force) based on "Inner Fire" and I made it so the target's damage is decreased instead of increased but its armor and life regen are higly increased. Now, my hero's ultimate "inverts" the values of the effects of Inner Force.

And I don't know how to do that. I tried making a second ability which is an exact copy of Inner Force except the values are inverted (now it increases and armor and life regen are decreased) And then tried to trigger that when you use the Ultimate, the original Inner Force is removed and the "inverted" Inner Force is added but it doesn't work.

Is there any other way to acoomplish this? Again, I want it so when I cast my Ultimate (based on Channel) that my other spell "Inner Force" does the opposite effects.

I'm sorry if that was confusing!

Thanks! :D

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
you could base your whole ability of channel and create a dummy which casts the actual skill on the target. If your hero has the buff of your ultimate skill the dummy will cast the second inner force, if not it ll cast the first one.

ThePlague

Reaction score
so am i understand this right?
Inner Force, Ultimate Player clicks Ultimate and Inner force is replaced with an opposite spell? You could do this:

Code:
Events
 a unit starts the effect of an ability an ability
Conditions 
(ability being cast) equal to Ultimate
(triggering unit) has ability Inner Force
Actions
Add Inner Force(Opposite)
Set Level of Inner Force (Opposite) to(Level of Inner Force on (triggering unit)) for (triggering unit)
Remove Inner Force

Code:
Events
 a unit starts the effect of an ability an ability
Conditions 
(ability being cast) equal to Ultimate
(triggering unit) has ability Inner Force(Opposite)
Actions
Add Inner Force
Set Level of Inner Force  to(Level of Inner Force(Opposite) on (triggering unit)) for (triggering unit)
Remove Inner Force(Opposite)

is this what you want or did I misunderstand?

P.S. Some of the action names arent exact i'm doing this from memory

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
i thought of something like this:
Code:
InnerForce
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Inner Force (hero)
    Actions
        Set TempPoint = (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                ((Casting unit) has buff 'YourUltimateSkillsBuff') Equal to True
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Create 1 'Dummy' for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at TempPoint facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
                Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
                Unit - Add Inner Force1 (dummy) to (Last created unit)
                Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Priest - Inner Fire (Target unit of ability being cast)
            Else - Actions
                Unit - Create 1 'Dummy' for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at TempPoint facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
                Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
                Unit - Add Inner Force2 (dummy) to (Last created unit)
                Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Priest - Inner Fire (Target unit of ability being cast)
        Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint)

TempPoint is obviously a point variable
Inner Force (hero) is a spell which does nothing based of channel
Inner Force1 (dummy) does increase regen and armor but decreases damage (as you said your 1 skill should do)
Inner Force2 (dummy) does increase damage but decrease armor and regen (the second version after using your ultimate skill)
'Dummy' is just an invisible dummy unit
'YourUltimateSkillsBuff' is the buff your ultimate skill is givin. (base your ultimate skill of berserk for example to make it easy)

good luck

ramodkk

Reaction score
Thanks Accme! I don't know why I didn't think of a Dummy before... *face palm*

But, can you order a Dummy unit to cast custom spells? For example, where you told the Dummy to cast Inner Fire, it would cast Inner Fire not Inner Force...

Also, the ability has 4 levels, so how could I make the dummy unit cast the different level spells according to the level of Inner Force my hero has?

Thanks so far! :)

ThePlague

Reaction score
But, can you order a Dummy unit to cast custom spells? For example, where you told the Dummy to cast Inner Fire, it would cast Inner Fire not Inner Force...
This is the reason you cant have abilities with the same BasseOrderId. Ordering the unit to caster Inner FIre WIll work with any spell based off Inner Fire

Also, the ability has 4 levels, so how could I make the dummy unit cast the different level spells according to the level of Inner Force my hero has?
after you add the ability
Unit - Set level of (ability) for (Dummy Unit) to (Level of (Dummy Ability) for (Real Unit))

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.