How do i change the 'miss' floating text?!

NindoOne

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Hya! I just made a "Parray" Ability based on evasion and when the spell gets active (the enemy misses) there are a floating text who sais "miss".
I there any way to change that message and if so, how?:D

P.S. Don't tell me to do a Damage Detection system and do it based on triggers, i know how to do that, i just want to know how to do it in this way:)

+rep for successful answer!;)

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
Advanced > Game Interface...
Text - General - 'miss'

Change that.

Be aware that it will change the text for every missed attack, not only for your custom ability. Only by triggering it can you have different text for different abilities.

NindoOne

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Advanced > Game Interface...
Text - General - 'miss'

Change that.

Be aware that it will change the text for every missed attack, not only for your custom ability. Only by triggering it can you have different text for different abilities.

I know that but i kinda like the "parry" string better than "miss" in my current map, it fits the theme a bit more.
Btw, is there any way where you can change the color for it too?
Btw 2, I can't find the "Text - General - 'miss'" I don't have NewGen so isn't it for NewGen only? I've heard that the "Text - General 'L O A D I N G'" and "Press any key to continue" is NewGen only.

Weep

Reaction score
To change the color, you can probably import a custom MiscData.txt file into your map. To get the original, uncompress the War3Patch.mpq file in your WC3 folder. Sadly, editing the string to have a color code doesn't seem to work.
^Disregard that.

The option is there normally; I'm not using NewGen.

NindoOne

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
To change the color, you can probably import a custom MiscData.txt file into your map. To get the original, uncompress the War3Patch.mpq file in your WC3 folder. Sadly, editing the string to have a color code doesn't seem to work.

The option is there normally; I'm not using NewGen.

Strange :S I'm sure i can't find the string in the editor, anyhow... I can try getting and import the MiscData.txt.... Whats the file path? UI/MiscData.txt?

SouLEDGE

Damn you advanced calculus
Reaction score
I can't seem to find it as well, very strange I was doing a similar thing except parry is exchanged with block, but I ended up triggering mine so that units can have evasion as well as block

NindoOne

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I can't seem to find it as well, very strange I was doing a similar thing except parry is exchanged with block, but I ended up triggering mine so that units can have evasion as well as block

Yeah, i think i will do that too, but i just want to know how to do it in another way :p The MiscData.txt will prob work but im too lazy to fix it so i will do a trigger^^

Weep

Reaction score
I'm sure i can't find the string in the editor, anyhow
Well, for me, it's way down near the bottom of the Text - General section, because it is alphabetized with all lowercase letters ('miss') below uppercase letters. Also I was mistaken about color codes not working, I just did it wrong. :p |cffffffffmiss displays white text that says miss.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.