How do I edit abilities for RoC?

Haxxors

Reaction score
I was wondering how I could edit, or even create abilities for units in the RoC editor. I want to do things like -

- change the percent values for skills like bash or critical strike
- change the effects of auras
- change the effects of abilities
- create new abilities

Are these things possible? And if so how do I edit the abilities?

Thanks everyone :D

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
Go to the Object Editor, (Hotkey should be F6), and switch the abilities tab. Mess around with your abilities in there. :thup: GL

Haxxors

Reaction score
Go to the Object Editor, (Hotkey should be F6), and switch the abilities tab. Mess around with your abilities in there. :thup: GL

I don't have an abilities tab lol :p

in object manager there is an abilities tab but it doesnt let me edit them.

Im using warcraft 3 RoC if that helps :D

Haxxors

Reaction score
there has to be an abilities tab in teh object editor look for it

Ohh I see it. But it doesnt let me edit the abilities. It just let me change what abilities units have.

Also, how do i edit upgrades?

There is an abilities tab in the object manager but it doesnt allow me to edit them

Sessional

Reaction score
I think RoC might not allow custom object data in most instances (correct me if I'm wrong) but if you save a map, it will tell you it's an expansion map and list off a few reasons. Those are all the things that they don't allow you to modify with RoC.

Haxxors

Reaction score
Well I can take the screenshot but its not letting me view them in paint or anything else so that I can host them.

Basically when i go to object editor and select a unit or building there is a loooooong list of details about it. And the first one is abilities. But this doesn't let me edit their abilities. It just lets me change which abilities they have.

Also, I was wondering. How do you edit what upgrades do? Like how much they improve by, or how much they cost, or how many ranks there are.

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
take an screenshot, then go to paint press [Ctrl]+[C] then the image should be automatically imported to paint

T.s.e

Wish I was old and a little sentimental
Reaction score
To edit RoC abilities, I think you have to edit the MPQ-file.

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
you've been looking at the units tab. look at the abilities tab and then try to change things

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.