How do I increase the limit on tooltips?

trees123

Reaction score
Trying to describe an epic item with a crazy ability is hard when the word limit is so small, is there any way to increase the word limit on them?

Reaction score
Trying to describe an epic item with a crazy ability is hard when the word limit is so small, is there any way to increase the word limit on them?

I highly doubt it. The limit isn't that small, I've seen some pretty long tooltips.

Just shorten it is all I can say :thup:

Lumograph090

Reaction score
In cases like these, Grammar is your friend!

Use compound words for example. Also! online Thesaurus are a great aid when trying to write up a descriptive bit of information for items or abilities.

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
Another tip, it seems to be limited by characters, so use color tags as little as possible and don't use data references (eg. <A000,DataA1>) since it's probably shorter to write it specifically.

Xienoph

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
don't use data references (eg. <A000,DataA1>) since it's probably shorter to write it specifically.

Why would you do that? Every time you change some data value for balancing, you'll need to hunt down all the text. With lots of tooltips, that just translates to unmanageable.

Personally, I prefer tooltips to describe what the item does, rather than what it is ("Heals 50 HP" vs "An elixir of life that heals 50 HP"). Keep it simple and clear. Long tooltips just drive me nuts. It's a waste of my time and your time.

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
Why would you do that? Every time you change some data value for balancing, you'll need to hunt down all the text. With lots of tooltips, that just translates to unmanageable.
Generally I agree, but he was looking to make longer tooltips for a few select items. This would help.

Long tooltips just drive me nuts. It's a waste of my time and your time.
To each their own.

trees123

Reaction score
I just need a longer word limit to organize the description better, such as the recipes in DotA. Trying to figure out the requirements to build the item, the stats it gives, and the ability it provides may be quite hard to read without proper spacing. =/

dudeim

Reaction score
Try using shift and then open up the description and start typing. Holding shift mostly breaks the limits.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.