how do i make my building move?

WC3_map_fan

Reaction score
i want to make a building on my map move, i want it like the night elf uproot abillity so that when you cast it you can move.

problem i am having is that i want it to have a cooldown and a duration of only 15 seconds, how do i make it so that after 15 seconds the building will root again?

please tell me!

(how do you make the building root itself :p)

D

Deso

It depends what kind of buildings you are looking to use it on. I'm assuming they're not normally rootable buildings so what I suggest is making a morph-type spell, and making two units per building. One that will be static, and on the ground, and another that will be moving. You can use the morph ability to toggle between them.

Edit: Here's a little better explaination. Base the ability off metamorphisis, and set the duration to 15 seconds. (Cool down what ever) Make a non-static unit that will take the place of the building. The building will transform into the non-static unit for a duration of 15 seconds and then morph back to its original state.

WC3_map_fan

Reaction score
yes, the morph idea was my first idea but i thought maybe root would be easier, ok, i will do the morph thing, thanx :D

D

Deso

What you also may want to take into consideration is what ground text it's on. If you want to check that, you'll need two spells and to change the morph a little. You may also need a trigger if you want a 15 second limit. But this is just with my experience, so I'm sure there's other ways.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.