How Do I Make Units Enter Buildings?

R

Rath' bor

i have a little idea on how to but not much i'm fairly new to the world editor:banghead:

The Arcot

Reaction score
what sort of buildings? I can't remember the name but Orc Burrows have an ability called 'Load(burrow)' or something. Try giving the building that.

R

Rath' bor

no i mean like castles or thrall's hut or barraks(i need to change to a map that is made for the inside)if that's possible

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Typically, this is done through teleportation.
You create an area on the map that's the "inside" of whatever building you want, then you use regions and a trigger or two to teleport the unit back and forth.

R

Rath' bor

no no no no no like can i switch maps to go to the inside map when you go near the entrance?????

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> can i switch maps to go to the inside map when you go near the entrance?????

Only in Single Player with a campaign, I believe.
Otherwise, you'll have to do it all in one map.

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> you sure? cause' i've been trying real hard

Quite sure.
You could make another map for the inside of the building, but there's no way to tell the game to take you from one map to the other. You'd have to do that manually. If you did that, you could use a Game Cache to transfer data as well.

However, if you're looking for something like what occurs in Rexxar's Campaign with the traveling to different areas, you can't do that with a multiplayer map. It takes a campaign.

Em'rak

Reaction score
I know something

well good I'm helping rath'bor with his map and it's a single player campaing:cool::cool:

R

Rath' bor

Well my map is a single player campain.you are a guy and you can go into almost any building so....:confused:

cowmenace

Reaction score
just make map largest size and set camera bounds so it looks like ur going to a whole different map but ur not, its what Elimination Tournament and most mini-game maps do if you've played them before

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.