How do i use a ability as a unit model?

darkreapers

Reaction score
i wana make a tower and want the model to be an ability, (resurrect, caster) model.
i tried changing the unit model to it in object editor and it wont work, i then tried to sent the model in objective editor as none and tried trigger, but the model would only appear when the tower is building, when finished it would disappear.
is there anyway to make the ability model stay on the map? i know its possible cause i seen they use this model in angel arena

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
Have a trigger run when the building starts to build, wait a few seconds, and then pause the animation of the building while it's at a part you want it to be at. You could also slow down the animation right away so it takes about as long to build as it takes to get to point where you want it to stop. You could also have it finish playing it's animation when it dies, though I'm not sure if that would work or not.

darkreapers

Reaction score
Have a trigger run when the building starts to build, wait a few seconds, and then pause the animation of the building while it's at a part you want it to be at. You could also slow down the animation right away so it takes about as long to build as it takes to get to point where you want it to stop. You could also have it finish playing it's animation when it dies, though I'm not sure if that would work or not.

how do i freezze it? couldnt find anything in triggers

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
Actually making it an abillity DOES work, I made my tower the Ressurection Model AND in Team line tower wars/ Line tower wars The moonbeam tower and Meteor tower consist of abillity objects

darkreapers

Reaction score
Actually making it an abillity DOES work, I made my tower the Ressurection Model AND in Team line tower wars/ Line tower wars The moonbeam tower and Meteor tower consist of abillity objects

err tell me how? cause i done change model in object editor and it doesnt work!

also where do i go to find set animation speed 0?

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
>err tell me how? cause i done change model in object editor and it doesnt work!
You double click on the "Model" Click the drag down menu and change to abillities. Choose an abillity.

>also where do i go to find set animation speed 0?
Its a trigger.

Nappe

Reaction score
>err tell me how? cause i done change model in object editor and it doesnt work!
You double click on the "Model" Click the drag down menu and change to abillities. Choose an abillity.

I don't think that is what he means. Maybe his problem is that the ressurrection animation does not stay there but loops?

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
Ohh, I thought it looping was fine. If this is the cast then as someone says above Set unit animation speed to 0.00.

Like I quoted above:
Its a Trigger.
Heres my best freehand guess of it (WE not open)
Trigger:
  • Animation - Set (Triggering Unit) animation speed to 0.00

darkreapers

Reaction score
ty for everyone that tried to help. still cant get the damn thing to open,
i dont just want to use the ability as a model it doesnt have to move or loop just want it to stand there on the map.

so the trigger i tried to use is this
Trigger:
  • Event
    • unit - a unit begins an upgrade
    • conditions
    • (unit-type of (triggering unit)) Equals to tower 1
    • actions
    • animation - play (Triggering unit)'s cast animation
    • wait 1.50 seconds
    • antimation - change (triggering unit)'s animation speed to 0.00% of its original speed

for art model of the tower its set to resurrection (caster)
the animation would appear but it would disappear once the tower is finished upgrading.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.