How to disable mouse?

Nherwyziant

Be better than you were yesterday :D
Reaction score
ei, as what the title says.. Can i disable/enable the mouse (especially the right click) via trigger?

i.e. I have selected a unit.. and then I want it not to move whenever I right-click on the ground. ^^,v

tnx in advance!

Nherwyziant

Reaction score
remove the 'move' ability from the unit.

ok ok,, I get ur point. but my point is, I'm using a custom keyboard movement.. and It orders the unit to move via keyboard.. and I dont want the right-click thingy to interfere..

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
you can always implement a "slide" based arrow key movement system

or you can have two units, one unit represents your actual position while the other one is a unit that cant move but can only "cast" abilities

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
ok ok,, I get ur point. but my point is, I'm using a custom keyboard movement.. and It orders the unit to move via keyboard.. and I dont want the right-click thingy to interfere..

ok.. i 'think' this will work..

AFAIK, any order given by the right click is labeled 'smart' so create a trigger, check if the order is smart, then stop the unit if it is.

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
the issue order stop if order is smart wont work because hes useing a arrow based order movement system, so right clicking midway of "movement" would prematurely animation and movement stop the player

Moon_Raven

Reaction score
I have a same system of movement and I prevented moving by mouse by simply removing my unit from selection every 0.1 seconds:
Trigger:
  • Disable movement
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.10 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Selection - Remove Highlanders[0] from selection for Player 1 (Red)

I know this is not the best possible solution, and it is bad if your unit has some spells to cast, but it works fine for me :)

Nexor

Reaction score
you can use the order thing and just disable and enable it in your move trigger (the keyboard one)

Moon_Raven

Reaction score
have two units, one that you have selected and another you move around with.

Yeah, I also thought of that, that can be useful if you want to cast spells with the unit or simply if you want a unit to be selected.
But if your unit doesn't have any spells to cast, no need to complicate things :)

Nherwyziant

Reaction score
ok, tnx 4 ur replies guys..

ok.. i 'think' this will work..

AFAIK, any order given by the right click is labeled 'smart' so create a trigger, check if the order is smart, then stop the unit if it is.

I've already done that but that doesnt work either.. idk why.. i have tested this kind of event..

EVENT
-A unit is issued an order.
CONDITION
-issue Order == "smart" (bcoz i also know about the smart/move)
ACTION
-order triggerunit to stop.

for some reason it doesnt work either..

and for Psiblade.. i dont think that i want a sliding movement..

simonake

Reaction score
You should try a Trigger like this one. It will make the selection for a player inpossible.
Trigger:
  • Anti-Select
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) select a unit
    • Conditions
      • -
    • Actions
      • Selection - Clear selection for (Triggering Player)

Out subject( How can you have -25 rep with less than 100 posts? Someone hates you?)

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
Tried making that unit a "ward" (add the ward classification to it) and adding a trigger preventing the "smart" order?

Nherwyziant

Reaction score
Out subject( How can you have -25 rep with less than 100 posts? Someone hates you?)

I dunno, my rep said i havn't read the thehelper rules, but i have read the rules many times..

Ontopic:
nah.. anyways, tnx 4 d replies.. I think im going to switch to a "sliding movement" system.. and see if i need to go back to this thread..

Stu-pac

Reaction score
Hi, I am also interested in making a keyboard movement system for my map. If possible could you post your movement system, it would be greatly appreciated.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.