How to issue an order targeting a a unit based on "item illsuions"

lopp231

Reaction score
Hi
im having some trouble creating an ultimate skill for my hero called Ether Nova. Basically its channeling spell and every 3 seconds the caster creates a copy of a random unit in the area of effect

but my problem is when i look for the trigger that would order my dummy caster to cast my ability there isn't a place for item based abilites under the
"Unit Issue Order Targeting A unit"

As an example
Order Last created Unit to Human Priest Inner Fire Random Unit in Ehter_Nova_Unit_Group

well i hope you can help.
thanks. ;]

Squishy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
If I understood this correctly; maybe try creating a dummy unit with the item and having it use the item on a random unit from your unit group.

lopp231

Reaction score
it works!
thanks

BUT off topic. is there a condtion that can check if a unit is channeling a spell or not?

Squishy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
You could try setting a boolean variable to true when a unit begins channeling an ability, and setting it to false when it stops channeling. Then you could check if the boolean is true for your condition. If you needed it to by MUI, you could use custom value instead.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
Custom script: call IssueTargetOrderById(bj_lastCreatedUnit, 852274, GetTriggerUnit())

This orders the "last created unit" to "item illusion" the "triggering unit".

> is there a condtion that can check if a unit is channeling a spell or not?

If (Current order of <some unit>) equal to "tranquility" then ... that unit is currently channeling Tranquility.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.