How to make AI cast custom spells?

Flying Hipo

Reaction score
To get a dummy to cast an ability, you must order it to cast the ability it is based off of. Sound simple? Let me simplify it further via an example:

-Me: Dum dee dum dee doo... I would like my unit to cast Storm Bolt when I cast Cripple! But I want it to look like... a firebolt! That's never been done before! (Notice the cleverness)
-Me: Let's open up the Object Editor... ooh, let's pop open Storm Bolt. Change a few fields, the icon, art, and let's change the name to Dummy Storm Bolt For Cripple Ability so I know how to reference it later!
-Me: *opens up Trigger Editor* Add the event, the condition, set GeneralPoint, create the dummy, add the expiration timer, add the ability, set the level... what? I can't make my unit cast Dummy Storm Bolt For Cripple Ability? All it is listing are the abilities that came with the game! Bug!
-Me: Okay, let's back up. It looks like a firebolt, let's try Neutral -- Firebolt. *tests* No! My dummy didn't do it! Noez!

And of course, by now you have realized that my dummy should be casting Storm Bolt; it may not be the closest thing to the ability I made, but my dummy ability was based off of Storm Bolt, and as such ordering it to cast Storm Bolt will make it cast the dummy ability.

thx to Cheddar

ramodkk

Reaction score
Whaa? Lol I'm sorry didn't understand :eek:

Anyways, how do you make the Computers to cast custom spells? For example, you make a new spell where you summond 5 furbolgs. If you replace Holy Light with that spell, when you play a game, Paladin is not going to cast the custom spell, how do we fix that?

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
Manually order your Paladin to cast whatever your furbolg summoner spell is.

If it's an item ability, you might need to use a dummy ability.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Use the AI editor and from there add what abilities the computer heroes should learn and use. Here is a tutorial on how it use it. Link.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.