I can't win (or lose)

SilverScreen

Reaction score
I know there are a ton of posts regarding victory conditions, but I think I'm too new to the whole trigger world to get it.

I've got a non-melee map, I deleted the existing Melee stuff, and I see from the posts that I need to create my own trigger for victory conditions. Problem is, I don't even know where to start in terms of creating that trigger.

I know it'd be a pain, but is there some way I could get a step-by-step for creating a Victory/Defeat condition where I win (or lose) when all structures for a force have been destroyed?

I see the text you guys write, but I have no clue how to get there. The words make no sense to me.

If there's already a post that goes into this detail that I've somehow missed, just point the way. If not, any help would be tremendously appreciated.

I don't want to delve deep into triggers--it looks like this would be the only one I'd need to create to complete the game.

Thanks!

storgaard

Reaction score
First :)

Just go into the map i sended you, copy the map trigger folder and put copy paste it into yours, what the trigger does, is if player blue got zero struktures left, he will get defeated and you will be victorius, if you got more people on map tell me, than i will make a new trigger who will fit for that

SilverScreen

Reaction score
Storgaard, thank you so much for taking the time to do that for me!

For my scenario, there are two Forces:

Force 1: Me
Force 2: Orcs, Undead, Elves (allies)

Could you write a trigger that would allow me to win only when I have destroyed all three armies' buildings, or to lose when they have destroyed mine?

That would be perfect!

Again, thank you for your hands-on assitance--it was more than I thought it would be!

SilverScreen

Reaction score
Never mind! Using your trigger model, I was able to adapt it to what I wanted to do.

...I still can't figure out how you created it from scratch, but my needs are met.

I am very grateful for your time.

All the best!

SilverScreen

Reaction score
What is "rep"? I'll certainly give it when I know what it is. (Sorry, I've VERY knew to all this sort of thing.)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.